X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryer moter for other uses

hello I need to hook up this dryer motor to a normal outlet for the blower im doing this tittle project ,however im not great with electronic wiring. I have all the other electronic parts that came with it but haven't seen any of this before so I need a little help hooking this up ,correctly and safe. I made a diagram on paint program of how this motor is wired every wire is colored and shows from start to end. If this is not enought info I will be glad to put this in writing.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Dryer moter for other uses

I would have to look up the wiring diagram on the dryer and see what is the power and how it was hooked up, (i think that would be the easier way)

also if any thing went to capacators and so on,
    Last edited by BHD; 02-21-2009, 12:53 PM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Re: Dryer moter for other uses

Originally posted by name is guy View Post
      hello I need to hook up this dryer motor to a normal outlet for the blower im doing this tittle project ,however im not great with electronic wiring. I have all the other electronic parts that came with it but haven't seen any of this before so I need a little help hooking this up ,correctly and safe. I made a diagram on paint program of how this motor is wired every wire is colored and shows from start to end. If this is not enought info I will be glad to put this in writing.

Thanks
      Dryers run on 240V and 120V. the motor runs on 120 and spins the drum, that's all. So it's a 120V motor. You dont need any electronic components to run it. Just feed the motor with 120v and add a switch loop to turn it off and on. Unless your project goes beyond just running the motor? The heating elements of course needs a 240v circuit.

Buck

Comment

Working...
      X