X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical connection question --Over-head electrical works

Does anyone know how much to connect privete property pole to top of electrical service pole and install the meters?

We build with Clarendon in Sydney. I thought the builder will do it.

Re: Electrical connection question --Over-head electrical works

I have no Idea,

call the town or cities building department and find out what the cost for electrical hook up is, or if the power is not a city department call the power supplier, there may be extra fees for the distance you live from the existing power lines,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Try calling your electric power utility company first. If that doesn't work out, then try calling a few electrical contractors.

In my area the utility company connects service but an electrician has to have everything ready first.

Are you wanting temporary power on a construction site? If yes and not for too long you might be better off making your own power when needed.

Comment

This question has been asked in every forum I have been too in the last couple of days, and the OP has never responded.

http://www.diychatroom.com/f18/elect...l-works-39635/

Comment

I live on the planet Vors....just outside the galactic nebulae. My 2 megawatt sub-atomic particle generator is suffering from a shortage of electrons between the generator and the mother pod. Should I move it closer? What would be involved?

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
            I live on the planet Vors....just outside the galactic nebulae. My 2 megawatt sub-atomic particle generator is suffering from a shortage of electrons between the generator and the mother pod. Should I move it closer? What would be involved?
            That depends. Is the generator an anti-matter, or matter generator?
            2 megawatts seems mighty low compared to todays standards.
            Might be time to look into an upgrade!

Comment

You would think the builder do it, but they don't. There was an electrical provision in ours and apparently this is only for electrical work in the house only, not connect to the mains. I think ours was around $750 for double bracket (?) but it was an ugly thing above garage to the pole on roadside.
              Electrician Seattle

Comment

Are you talking about a temporary pole or a permanent service? I'm a retired lineman. Call your local power company. They'll tell you what the cost is. The problem may also be that you thought your builder was going to make application for power and he was expecting you to (this where the money comes in to play). Or the inspection may not be complete yet. Again, call the power company. They'll help you and they should be able to tell you exactly what the problem is. You'll probably be calling a call center and not the local office (like it used to be) so you may not get as personal service as you might have 15 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                X