input and output

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• input and output

can we run incoming power and outgoing in same conduit? We use to runthe in coming down the conduit to the top of a fuse block then off the bottm of fuse run back up the conduit to the light. Our boss said he read that your not allowed so we have to use 2 seperate conduits to do it. just was wondering if anyone had any input on this thanks

Re: input and output

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by incoming and outgoing power. You mean line and load? If the line voltage coming to the load center is higher than the voltage going to the load, the insulation rating on the wires to the load would have to be equal to or greater than the insulation rating on the line voltage wires to be in the same conduit.

Comment

If i understand correctly what your installation is, sure you can.It is no different than having a j-box for the light and running a conduit from the j-box to a switch and pulling line (hot) and load (switch leg) in the same conduit. I dont understand why you would run two seperate conduits. As long as you do not overfill the conduit with too many conductors. Sounds like your boss likes to run conduit like romex,what a waste of labor and material.

Comment

Originally posted by ss434er View Post
        can we run incoming power and outgoing in same conduit? We use to runthe in coming down the conduit to the top of a fuse block then off the bottm of fuse run back up the conduit to the light. Our boss said he read that your not allowed so we have to use 2 seperate conduits to do it. just was wondering if anyone had any input on this thanks
        Questions:
        This AC or DC?
        Line and Load?
        Different frequencies?
        Different voltages?
        Is there a Junction / Pull box between the incoming power,fuse box, and the light?
        Is the conduit with the "feed in" a straight shot from somwhere else? Meaning your supervisor just means you need a separate run of conduit to the light?

Also, pictures help.

Comment

thanks i was thinking the same .it is line and load all same wiring. my boss thought he read that in nec. thanks for th input. we thought you could but that how he wants it . Well he is the boss

Comment

Working...
          X