X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm and Locksmith Licensing Program

I was kinda curious are their any other states that require or are going to require a license for alarm installs.

(1) Burglar alarm;
    (2) Residential fire alarm;
    (3) Commercial fire alarm;
    (4) Alarm Monitoring;
    (5) Fire sprinkler;
    (6) Locksmith;
    (7) Electronic access control;
    (8) Closed circuit television; and,
    (9) Nurse call.

I recieved my license renewal last month,and with it was a new requirement for alarm installs. They must have a valid passport picture ID.,birth certificate, and an affidavit of no criminal back ground. 75.00 for the first year for application and 25.00 each year renewal.

Re: Alarm and Locksmith Licensing Program

You need a license in NJ.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

you need a license in NY

Comment

No license needed in Pa. but then of course Pa. doesn't require a license to do any electrical work except for Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Scranton and Harrisburg municipalities.

Comment

Wondering what the licensing requirements to install alarms in Oregon are? Looked on the State website with no luck.

Comment

Look here:
            http://www.oregon.gov/CCB/Licensing_I.shtml

Who Needs To Be LicensedOregon law requires anyone who works for compensation in any construction activity involving improvements to real property to be licensed with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board (CCB). This includes roofing, siding, painting, carpentry, concrete, on-site appliance repair, heating and air conditioning, home inspections, tree service, plumbing, electrical, floor covering, manufactured dwelling installations, land development and most other construction and repair services.

A CCB license is also required for:
            • those who purchase homes, fix them up themselves and resell them.
            • material suppliers that receive compensation for installing or arranging the installation of the materials.
            Who Needs To Be LicensedOregon law requires anyone who works for compensation in any construction activity involving improvements to real property to be licensed with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board (CCB). This includes roofing, siding, painting, carpentry, concrete, on-site appliance repair, heating and air conditioning, home inspections, tree service, plumbing, electrical, floor covering, manufactured dwelling installations, land development and most other construction and repair services.

A CCB license is also required for:
            • those who purchase homes, fix them up themselves and resell them.
            • material suppliers that receive compensation for installing or arranging the installation of the materials.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks for the CCB info. I already have my CCB but am trying to determine if I need a low voltage license (in addition to the CCB) in Oregon to install alarm systems. Thoughs on where I can look to determine??

Comment

In "Ghey" State of "Enmass-a-Tax-on-all-assests" (Massachusetts) you need a license for everything.

For security systems, one needs an "S" license.

Comment

WHat??

Comment

Working...
                  X