X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya kant sell vat ya aint gots

I know, I'm just being me. The right name for this thread would be "You Can't Sell What You Don't Have". I just like the way I have it better.

Yesterday I made a list, a very good one at that, of 11 different items I needed. All of them used to be very well stocked by any good electrical distributor. I ended up going to three electrical distributors and also Home Depot. Today I'm frustrated that I was only able to obtain 5 of the 11 items. The others are on a long back order or are just no longer stocked.

This evening, I'm going to locate some online dealer that claims to have stock of the 6 still needed items and order them. Is it any wonder why people are going apeus? I think not. I wonder what would have been my luck if I needed some of the items for a real emergency? I bet none would have been in stock anywhere.

Have any of you noticed the same thing where places are scared to stock anything? Don't they know people still need the common items like we needed them a year ago? Five years ago?
    Last edited by Woussko; 07-09-2009, 02:14 PM. Reason: Fixing of minor goofs

Re: Ya kant sell vat ya aint gots

You would be surprised, that Atlanta, GA does not have everything you need when you need it.

It is always located in some little town anywhere but here and they wil ship it out tomorrow, if you are lucky!

I feel the pain!

Comment

I found most of what I needed online and figured some substitutes that should work for what they didn't have.

Comment

It all depends on how much you need it. If you want it, they usually have plenty in stock. If you need it they probably have one when you need two. If it's an emergency, it's always special order and 10 business days away. That's just businesses in general, not pointing a finger at anyone specifically.

Comment

Here is what really gets me. Back when the former branch manager of one of the electrical distributors worked there everything I needed would have been in stock. They fired him for being "Too Good" so he was promoted only to be FIRED in two days. I told him to seek revenge by becoming the best branch manager ever over at another electrical distributor, but no one will hire him as he is in his late 50s. The only want stupid 18 year olds that will work like crazy and cheap.

Maybe along with all the other good employees that were fired they can start up their own business and show the others how it should be done.

Comment

"if you can completely fill an order, you have too much inventory"

An "old school" branch manager of a supply house I use told me this is what their bean counters would tell them in staff meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
              I know, I'm just being me. The right name for this thread would be "You Can't Sell What You Don't Have". I just like the way I have it better.

Yesterday I made a list, a very good one at that of 11 different items I needed. All of them used to be very well stocked by any good electrical distributor. I ended up going to three electrical distributors and also Home Depot. Today I'm frustrated that I was only able to obtain 5 of the 11 items. The others are on a long back order or are just no longer stocked.

This evening, I'm going to locate some online dealer that claims to have stock of the 6 still needed items and order them. Is it any wonder why people are going apeus? I think not. I wonder what would have been my luck if I needed some of the items for a real emergency? I bet none would have been in stock anywhere.

Have any of you noticed the same thing where places are scare to stock anything? Don't they know people still need the common items like we needed them a year ago? Five years ago?

This is where online businesses are going to crush the little guy in town. To keep such a large inventory is expensive and it is impossible at this point to have everything...it's just too expensive.

Some of these businesses do a locater of product and ship direct from other suppliers.

I despise any supply house that doesn't carry/keep in stock the regular stuff. I don't care what the excuse is, I don't buy it. You keep the regular stuff there and in abundance....because if I have to go somewhere else to get what is commonly found? You're going to permanently lose my business. It's that simple.

Just because someone is going through hardships doesn't mean I should be placed in that same hardship. My loyalties come with understanding but the common stuff? You better have it packed in the ceilings and closets because it's a no no to run out of that product.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

For what this is worth all 11 items should have been well stocked at Home Depot or Lowes. I do prefer a good local supply house, but what really had me angered was that 3 electrical supply houses plus home Depot and I still had to hunt down many of the needed items through online suppliers.

For fun I checked all of the items and some additional ones and the online dealer I chose has good stock of all of them.

Dunbar, For what this is worth just last summer I could have got all of the items at any of the local supply houses and they would have all been well stocked too. The problem is with the Yaupo Schights all full of Yaupo Schight that are now the head ( CEOs & CFOs and more ) of such businesses. They can't even understand why you need to keep toilet paper in good stock. Really they can't. One roll is more than enough for a full week where you have a staff of 12 people all using the same outhouse. (*&^%#^%()*^%$$ to the Yaupo Schights and their Yaupo Schight.

END OF RANT

Comment

Working...
                X