Table Saw Electronic Module Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Saw Electronic Module Question

I have a Ridgid TS-2400-1 Table Saw. The Saw quit after normal use recently. Switch ok, Reset button Ok, Elecronic Module had toasted Triac (Split down the middle) . Question1 , what is the correct replacement part for the module. Question 2 what is the purpose of the module ? Question 3 , is it absolutely necessary to have the module if it is for speed control (soft start) as I suspect that it is. Reason I ask is that I bypassed the module and the table saw seems to work fine. It starts at the same speed that it always has.

Re: Table Saw Electronic Module Question

Looking at it purely from an economic angle, why would any manufacturer put in a part if it is not needed for some reason?

As far as the correct replacement part download the manual (or look in the copy that came with your saw) and look up the part in there. I don't have this model saw so can't help you. You can also try ridgidparts for the part. There are other sites that carry parts for RIDGID woodworking tools online too.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Have you tried cutting anything with the saw? My guess is that board is what controls the current to the saw when it's under load so it doesn't bog down or stall during cuts.

Comment

Nope, have not tried to cut with it yet. Will try that that in the morning. Thanks

Comment

Well I fired up the saw this morning and had no problems ripping even the heaviest of boards. The saw did not bog down at all... I delivered it back to my friends house so that she could go back to using it... minus the electronic module (which is bypassed at the moment)

Comment

Working...
          X