X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a new receptacle in my basement

Currently I only have 1 electrical outlet in my basement, and will probably need at least one more soon. Where I need it is actually pretty close to the breaker box, but the entire wall is the concrete foundation. How would an electrician go about adding a receptacle to a location like this one, and about how much would it cost? I want to make sure everything is done to code so I'll hire someone to do it.

Also, I can't imagine this job will take very long, and I'm assuming electricians charge hourly with a minimum. Should I figure out where I want two more outlets placed now, and have all 3 done at the same time?

Re: Adding a new receptacle in my basement

it will be piped right out of the box

Comment

Yes to having all the wanted work done in one visit.

Comment

He probably would run emt conduit from the panel around the walls to where you would want new outlets installed,using concrete anchors to attach the conduit and the outlet boxes.Time and materials for this sounds like around 2 hours or so depends on how far it is,and probably around 125 bucks or so for the conduit,straps,boxes,recepts,wire and breakers.Keep in mind that the recepts need to be gfci protected in a basement.
        good luck,
        Huck.

Comment

depends on state code. call electrician. demand permit. the inspector is your friend here. yes to doing all the work at one time as woussko said. breid

Comment

Working...
          X