X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outlet/switch with dimmer combo

I am doing a little project in my kitchen. I have an old light that I replaced that had a switch on it with a new light that was hardwired in. I replaced my 2 outlets with an outlet/switch so that it was easier to reach to turn on and off. I would like to be able to dim that light though... even with lower watt bulbs it burns like the sun. Is there an outlet/switch combo that has a dimmer on the switch?? Basically I want this outlet or something similar but a dimmer on the switch... does that exist??

Thanks,

Re: outlet/switch with dimmer combo

Originally posted by phisher27 View Post
    I am doing a little project in my kitchen. I have an old light that I replaced that had a switch on it with a new light that was hardwired in. I replaced my 2 outlets with an outlet/switch so that it was easier to reach to turn on and off. I would like to be able to dim that light though... even with lower watt bulbs it burns like the sun. Is there an outlet/switch combo that has a dimmer on the switch?? Basically I want this outlet or something similar but a dimmer on the switch... does that exist??

Thanks,
    Never seen one of those. They may exist somewhere, but I think dimmers generally require more space than is available in the top half of an outlet/toggle combo.

Without seeing your kitchen, I suspect that the way to put that light on a dimmer is going to be a little more involved.

Would it be possible for you to remove the old wall box and install a remodel style 2-gang box so that you can have a dimmer switch and an outlet side by side? If you just have to cut sheetrock or paneling it should be pretty easy. Tile or stone makes things more complicated, obviously.

This is what I'm talking about...

You just cut your hole, drop it in and tighten the screws on the top right and lower left corners. Those little tabs pop up and squeeze agains the sheetrock to hold the box in place. Pretty simple.

Comment

Working...
    X