X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hubbell commercial lighting

i came into some swd400p 277 volt fixtures. I would like to convert these to 120 volt for use in my shop building. Is it feasable and how involved is it. thanks in advance yall.

Re: hubbell commercial lighting

What kind of lights? HPS? Metal Halide? If they are HID they might have a multi-tap ballast for 120V/208V/240V/277V/480V. Look inside the fixture housing at the wiring and see if there are any wires capped off with different voltages marked on the wires. See if you can find one marked 120V. If the lights aren't multi-tap you are going to have to buy multi-tap ballast kits for each light you want to convert.

Comment

Another idea would be to use a step-up transformer depending on how many fixtures and the specs for them. This would get a bit involved but it can be done.

Comment

Are these some kind of floodlight or wallpack, or an inside hi-bay? I checked HubbellOutdoor and don't find the model. Guess would be 400 watt pulse start metal halide. If the ballast is 277 only, I can't see where it would be worth the trouble to convert. You would need a step up transformer rated for 400 watts output at 277VAC.\

Found it, at HubbellIndustrial: Same comments apply.
        http://www.hubbellindustrial.com/pro.../superwatt.pdf

Note that if there is a 6 in the model number after the P, it is a multitap.
        Last edited by lovetheUSA; 09-26-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X