Wiring boiler circulation pumps and t-stats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring boiler circulation pumps and t-stats

Hi all. I recently added a radiant heat zone for a basement bath and am planning on running it off of an existing boiler. the boiler is only being used for heating purposes and there are 2 baseboard zones in addition to the new radiant zone. The baseboard zones are wired to call for heat from a t-stat on the main floor and for a t-stat in the basement (2 seperate zones) when they call for heat the boiler fires and the main circ. pump kicks on. What I want to do is wire an additional t-stat for the radiant zone so that both the main circ. pump (and boiler) kick on as well as the radiant circ. pump independantly of the baseboard zones.....can anyone hold my hand on this one....it would be greatly appreciated.

jt

Re: Wiring boiler circulation pumps and t-stats

I have read this question 100 times to try and figure out what is going on with what you want to do. Here is what I do not understand. I ASSUME you now have 2 circulators. One circulator for the 2 baseboard zones and now a new one for the radient heat zone. Here is what I do not understand, if you have a seperate circulator for the radient zone, Why would you want the main circulator to come on at the same time? If you want the radient zone to come on independantly of the baseboard zones, they you would not want that circulator coming on. If you want heat in the radient zone then you simply wire the T stat to that circulator alone. Once that Tstat calls for heat on the radient zone, the circulator will kick on and circulate the water then the aquastat will automatically start up the boiler. I have wired many of these systems this way. Lou

Comment

Re: Wiring boiler circulation pumps and t-stats

Originally posted by QROKING View Post
      Here is what I do not understand. I ASSUME you now have 2 circulators
      Where the OP mentions a main circ. pump, is it possible that his setup is using zone valves??

Comment

Working...
      X