Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a couple of NEC Articles ideas to share!

Article 314.28 Pull and Junction Boxes and Conduit Bodies
    Currently
    314.28. C. Covers
    All pull boxes, junction boxes, and conduit bodies shall be provided with covers compatible with the box or conduit body construction and suitable for the conditions of use. Where used, metal covers shall comply with the grounding requirements of 250.110.

My addendum:

All pull boxes, junction boxes, and conduit bodies shall be provided with covers that provide readily accessable view of the junction boxes and conduit bodies contents and compatible with the box or conduit body construction and suitable for the conditions of use. Metal covers shall not be used.

Exception: Approved metal covers may be used under documented engineering supervision and shall meet the grounding requirements specified in 250.110.

In other words, require the use of clear plastic box covers to make the inspector's job easier.

Edit:
    I also have an idea that is even better, but I'll save it for later.
    Last edited by tailgunner; 10-06-2009, 08:47 PM.

Re: I have a couple of NEC Articles ideas to share!

A good heavy clear polycarbonate ( Think LEXAN ) cover might be an idea. I wonder if it would need arc hold back requirements.

Comment

Here is my other idea that I have promised! This little guy!

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
      Source: http://www.idealindustries.com/prodD...re_disconnects

You know the new code about a disconnect for every ballast? My idea takes this a step further, not only require a disconnecting means for every ballast! BUT! Require a disconnecting means for every socket that is a part of the ballast fixture!

Muhahahahahaaaa!!!

Comment

Why?

The disconnects would not be standardized for every manufacturer of ballast.

Comment

Working...
        X