X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a Floor outlet with finished basement below

I just bought a new home in the west which has a great room. We will want a floor outlet so we don't have to run any cords to the lights around the couch and love seat. The basement is fully finished. Is the secret to find a ceiling light in the basement and go from there?

Re: Installing a Floor outlet with finished basement below

Originally posted by skocars View Post
    I just bought a new home in the west which has a great room. We will want a floor outlet so we don't have to run any cords to the lights around the couch and love seat. The basement is fully finished. Is the secret to find a ceiling light in the basement and go from there?
    There is one issue if your local code do require AFCI that will be very tricky to deal with it.

But you can able snake in the cable in the cavity without much issue unless you run into ductwork or other items in the way but double check which way the floor joints run and have proper floor junction box for that useage and the floor box and cover will come in two verison IIRC one for wood floor and other one is for carpet so check around and btw the price will be more than standard wall box will be.

Check with your local code for latest update due I know in your area somewhere they will change the code anytime soon so I can't really confirmed which code cycle you are in due there is couple code verison to deal with it.

Merci.
    Marc

Comment

Re: Installing a Floor outlet with finished basement below

if there is can lights in the basement, they will be your best friend!

Comment

Working...
      X