Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better design

Hey all,

I have a simple question... which is better design? Parallel or Serial?

Please take a look at my drawing. Would it be better to have 2 load centers in serial (top drawing) or in parallel (bottom drawing) in order to feed an additional bathroom.

I happened to have the 2nd load center. Reason for doing so? crowded main load center...

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Better design

It all depending on the meter socket rating.

Most case the 200 amp meter socket useally have one main load center hook up to the meter socket { most are listed for single conductor termation set up }

If you have 400 amp meter socket { both class 320 or 400 amp socket } it will go either way depending on the set up however if you use single main breaker it must have 400 amp breaker { that not going be cheap } but most resdentail users normally have 2 X 200 amp load centres that is very common and cheaper to boot.

To add second load centre what we called subpanel there are couple items you will have to pay attetion to it.

You will need 4 conductor from the main breaker centre to subpanel and the netural and ground must be seperated and most case you will have to get the ground bussbar kit to add to it and ditch the bonding screw or jumper band if have it on there.

I know you are from Montreal area so I am pretty sure there is couple of more regulations add to it.

Merci,Marc

{ if you want this in French let me know I will post it if you want to }

Comment

Re: Better design

I accept with information: If you have 400 amp meter socket { both class 320 or 400 amp socket } it will go either way depending on the set up however if you use single main breaker it must have 400 amp breaker { that not going be cheap } but most resdentail users normally have 2 X 200 amp load centres that is very common and cheaper to boot.
      Electric adjustable beds prices frame | Air adjustable bed mattress | Electric adjustable beds prices

Comment

Working...
      X