cable for switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cable for switch

want to extend my boiler switch to the stair for easy access. cannot find cable with only red and black (ground is always there) wires. Just wondering is that ok by using cable with white and black wires instead according to the code? The guy in homedepot told me it is ok but I am not really trust him.
    thanks,

Re: cable for switch

It's fine. Just re-identify the white wire with a black Sharpie or black electrical tape. NEC 200.7(C)(2) the white conductor has to supply power to the switch. Not as the return conductor. You were right not to trust anything that anyone from Homeboy Depot has to say, by the way.

Comment

Is this a 24V remote type switch? Sounds like the red and black you are looking to run is the red sheathed (at least here in Canada it is) 240V 12-2 electric heater wire

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
        It's fine. Just re-identify the white wire with a black Sharpie or black electrical tape. NEC 200.7(C)(2) the white conductor has to supply power to the switch. Not as the return conductor. You were right not to trust anything that anyone from Homeboy Depot has to say, by the way.
        Thank you Killavolt. I also found the same answer online.

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
          Thank you Kilavolt,
          I too searching for the same, finally I find from your post
          harley brakes
          harley brakes uk

Comment

Working...
          X