X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extra code for future relocation

Can I leave few feet of cable at the switch end for future relocation? We may move the switch from basement stair entry up to first floor in the future. If we don't leave enough cable, we have to add another box which is not good, I think.

thanks
    Last edited by housecarer; 11-17-2009, 02:20 PM. Reason: wrong word

Re: extra code for future relocation

The emergency shut off switch is normally located at the top of the basement stairs on the stairwell wall opposite of the hinge side of the door. That's where the firemen will look for it if they have to shut down the boiler in an emergency situation.

Comment

I'm confused. Who's talking about the Boiler disconnect? If this is for the boiler then killavolt is correct as to location and reasoning. If it's for a light switch for something, then you can neatly coil it in the wall, making sure that it is still secured within 12" of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Badabing View Post
        I'm confused. Who's talking about the Boiler disconnect? If this is for the boiler then killavolt is correct as to location and reasoning. If it's for a light switch for something, then you can neatly coil it in the wall, making sure that it is still secured within 12" of the box.
        Badabing, you would have to follow Houscarer's other threads to know what he really wants to know. I believe he wants am emergency disconnect at the top of the stairs from the basement.

Comment

Yes, my old oil boiler has two switches. One on the boiler and one on the door of the utility room. Now a plumber is doing the oil to gas conversion. I am helping him to change the wires. I want to move one of the switches now is on the utility door to upstair in the future. So I am asking if I can leave enough length of cable there now for future use.

Comment

Working...
          X