X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baseboard heat ???

I am helping a buddy troubleshoot his baseboard heat problem,he has an 8' and a 4' regulated by a seperate stat there is a white rogers device to them it is a 24A01/24A05 slimline level temp
    he has disconnected it and i have no wiring digram, I am a bit confused
    I know it steps down voltage for the stat but it has a couple of bimetas that activate a micro sitch, anybody know the proper way to wire this and maby expain what it does besides the transformer part???????
    thanx kevin k

Re: baseboard heat ???

chevy. search "white-rodgers 24a01 installation instructions". here you are and there you go. breid..............

Comment

That is an electric heat thermostat relay. It does basically what you think.

It has a set of contacts controlled by a self powered low voltage control, the thermostat.

These are very common around here. The relays are typically placed at the electrical panel.

Comment

Like Breid said, here is a link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Check out the first hit.

Comment

Originally posted by chevyman View Post
          I am helping a buddy troubleshoot his baseboard heat problem,he has an 8' and a 4' regulated by a seperate stat there is a white rogers device to them it is a 24A01/24A05 slimline level temp
          he has disconnected it and i have no wiring digram, I am a bit confused
          I know it steps down voltage for the stat but it has a couple of bimetas that activate a micro sitch, anybody know the proper way to wire this and maby expain what it does besides the transformer part???????
          thanx kevin k
          thanx for replies very helpful and I thank you guy's
          kwk

Comment

Working...
          X