Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help: Repurpose Ceiling Fan wiring

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help: Repurpose Ceiling Fan wiring

    Need some help on this project (just a DIY'er). We have a ceiling fan that is running on 14/3 wire (1 switch for fan and 1 switch for fan light). I want to remove the ceiling fan and install 2 recessed lights and install 1 electrical outlet in the ceiling that can be turned on/off by a switch.

    Can this be accomplished with the existing 14/3 wire running to the existing fan?

    Thanks

  • #2
    Re: Help: Repurpose Ceiling Fan wiring

    Yes

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Help: Repurpose Ceiling Fan wiring

      Originally posted by the2js97 View Post
      Need some help on this project (just a DIY'er). We have a ceiling fan that is running on 14/3 wire (1 switch for fan and 1 switch for fan light). I want to remove the ceiling fan and install 2 recessed lights and install 1 electrical outlet in the ceiling that can be turned on/off by a switch.

      Can this be accomplished with the existing 14/3 wire running to the existing fan?

      Thanks
      Purely out of curiousity, what do you want a switched receptacle in the ceiling for?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Help: Repurpose Ceiling Fan wiring

        Originally posted by jimboburnsy View Post
        Purely out of curiousity, what do you want a switched receptacle in the ceiling for?
        This is for friend who wants to mount a projector to the ceiling.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Help: Repurpose Ceiling Fan wiring

          Originally posted by the2js97 View Post
          This is for friend who wants to mount a projector to the ceiling.
          That sounds like a project to really sink your teeth into. Your plan should work just fine.

          Comment

          Working...
          X