Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RD6800 install

Great forum...
    I've recently purchased an RD6800. Plan was to install a manual transfer switch wired to an external power inlet box. My electrician said it would be easier and cheaper (I hope I get this right) to install a main breaker in my panel and wire the genny to that. I'm no electrician. Does this make sense to y'all? TIA

Re: New RD6800 install

Originally posted by Plato View Post
    Great forum...
    I've recently purchased an RD6800. Plan was to install a manual transfer switch wired to an external power inlet box. My electrician said it would be easier and cheaper (I hope I get this right) to install a main breaker in my panel and wire the genny to that. I'm no electrician. Does this make sense to y'all? TIA
    I agree with him. Is this what he proposes? Or something similar? www.interlockkit.com

Without the interlock kit, this could be very dangerous as you would be "back feeding" your panel.
    Licensed Electrician

Comment

Re: New RD6800 install

Originally posted by John Valdes View Post
      I agree with him. Is this what he proposes? Or something similar? www.interlockkit.com

Without the interlock kit, this could be very dangerous as you would be "back feeding" your panel.
      That's exactly what my electrician mentioned.
      Thanks for the validation!

Comment

Working...
      X