X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jurneymans Test

Has anybody taken there State Jurneymans test? I took the Michigans test feb25, lets brainstorm. Lets try to rember some of the questions and share them with each other.
    Last edited by gotflow; 04-01-2010, 10:07 AM.

Re: Jurneymans Test

Yes I have, back in Febuary 5, 2010 to be exact:

http://license.reg.state.ma.us/pubLi...lor=loca&lb=EL

Well, the Journeyman examination at any rate. Piss me off, inspite of a license to be valid for a period for three years, a cycle the state mandates, my license still expires on, and requires a renewal by July 31st 2010.

So, to clarify, I pay the fee to take the exam,
    I pay the fee to receive the license,
    I now have to pay the fee for license renewal class
    Then pay to have the license renewed,
    THEN have to pay the fee for license renewal for the NEXT cycle AFTER July 31st!

WTF over?

Comment

I got mine 5 years ago in Florida. It is really a waste. It got me 2 dollars per hour more at the place I worked. But I got my plumbing contractor license 2 years ago and the trade part was the same minus the isometrics drawing. My point is if you get any license you might as well get the contractor. Even if you dont plan on running your own business it can get you a lot more then a journeyman. Funny part is I failed my journeyman the first time. But passes all 3 parts of my contrator the first time.
      You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
        I got mine 5 years ago in Florida. It is really a waste. It got me 2 dollars per hour more at the place I worked. But I got my plumbing contractor license 2 years ago and the trade part was the same minus the isometrics drawing. My point is if you get any license you might as well get the contractor. Even if you dont plan on running your own business it can get you a lot more then a journeyman. Funny part is I failed my journeyman the first time. But passes all 3 parts of my contrator the first time.
        The only reason I took the contractor route when I went for my license was because it allowed me to take the masters exam without having to take the Journeymans. This is in SC.

The reason you passed the plumbing and failed the electrical is that plumbing is much easier. Its common knowledge that plumbers are dumb asses....
        Licensed Electrician

Comment

Originally posted by John Valdes View Post
          The only reason I took the contractor route when I went for my license was because it allowed me to take the masters exam without having to take the Journeymans. This is in SC.

The reason you passed the plumbing and failed the electrical is that plumbing is much easier. Its common knowledge that plumbers are dumb asses....

Maybe, but at least I can READ!. Where did it say that I took a Electric test. I said I failed my journeymans the first time. And passed my contractor the first time. DUMMY
          You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
            Maybe, but at least I can READ!. Where did it say that I took a Electric test. I said I failed my journeymans the first time. And passed my contractor the first time. DUMMY
            I was hoping you would not take me seriously. I was only joking with you.
            No offense. Sorry...............John
            Licensed Electrician

Comment

I was hoping you would not take me seriously. I was only joking with you.
              No offense. Sorry...............John
              Dang,
              And here I have to go back to my other window and toss a whole 20 minute typing rant.

I was drooling for some action.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Dang,
                And here I have to go back to my other window and toss a whole 20 minute typing rant.

I was drooling for some action.
                What's that? Three sentences?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  What's that? Three sentences?

J.C.
                  Five,
                  I've been practicing my "home keys"

Your getting slow,normally you would have gotten it in two minutes

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    Five,
                    I've been practicing my "home keys"

Your getting slow,normally you would have gotten it in two minutes
                    Phone in each ear. Plus, I've always been slow at most things.

J.C.

Comment

Plumers do not apply

Comment

Originally posted by gotflow View Post
                        Plumers do not apply
                        is a "plumers" a person who picks fruit off the tree

most of us are plumbers

i guess electrician is an easier word to spell

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

And this is what I live for.Cause now it starts getting good.

So...After the boss lays out all the cans and sends a kid around with a story pole setting switches and plugs exactly how many journymen need a tape measure to finish the job.

Drill anywhere you want our holes are small enough we don't have to consider structural contitions.Pull that rope girls.

Stay busy now,boss is going out to lunch with the homeowners wife.
                          Chicks dig electritians.

Comment

Yesterday I could not even spell it now I be one.
                            SSG, U.S. Army
                            Retired
                            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

by the way, it's a journeyman, not a jurneyman

joey has been out so i took over

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X