Re: Electric to my shed.

lol

Comment

Here is your NEC code reference.

334.12 (B)(4) Uses Not Permitted.
      Where exposed or subject to excessive moisture or
      dampness.

Buried conduits are "WET" locations are therefore a direct violation.
      Licensed Electrician

Comment

To add my nickels worth, John and Andy have given you the code compliant way to wire the shed, but something to think about, an unheated shed with a freezer is asking for trouble.

As the outside ambient emp drops, so does the ability for the condensor to disapate the heat.
        You may be shortening the life of the freezer.
        Last edited by jbfan; 04-26-2010, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbfan View Post
          You may be shortening the life of the freezer.
          I know, but I lack space. The layout of my house looks great upon walking in, until you look for a place to hang a coat, or put groceries.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Lets see you got advice from an engineer, a master electrician, some other electricians, AND a truck driver. No offense but if we were talking trucks I know who I would listen to, but this is about electricity.

If the pipe is in the ground it has water in it ALWAYS, its called condensation! Romex is not meant for wet locations, haven't done residential in awhile but it usually has paper filler, pretty obvious, why its not allowed.

Comment

http://thereifixedit.com/2010/05/10/...ners/#comments

don't forget to add a branch panel

Comment

Originally posted by daman View Post
                With that statement romex in glued/sealed conduit will work for many many years no issues,12 years ago i did my garden shed and no fires yet,i am not a electrician just giving my real world experience FWIW to the OP.
                Yes It will work, but It's wrong! Bad advice
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Electric to my shed. where's the trucker !

I can't believe You all missed this ! If M.O.J. has trouble with Momma , He will want Heat,
                  water. and Sewer ! HOW BIG IS THIS SHED !
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Electric to my shed. where's the trucker !

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    I can't believe You all missed this ! If M.O.J. has trouble with Momma , He will want Heat,
                    water. and Sewer ! HOW BIG IS THIS SHED !
                    Not big enough unfortunately, I've got the electric on hold for the moment since now we're kicking around adding a greenhouse right next to the shed. so i'll have to have electric for fans and heat. I'll likely wait until i'm ready to do that and drag a real electrician down from Springfield to do it.

The wife decided that the greenhouse needed to go in <.<
                    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

it is very small thing. go a head i found http://www.fcx.com/metals/round.htm this url on net follow this for order copper wire.

Comment

Working...
                      X