waterproof electrical boxes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waterproof electrical boxes

i'm replacing my pool light using the original niche. because of a housing size difference i will not be able to coil the power cord around the fixture and install it in the niche. i would like to find a a waterproof junction box large enough that i can coil about 3.5' of power cord into the box and be able to pull the length out to replace the bulb as needed.

and ideas for sources of such a box? something about 6"x6"x3" (LxWxH) should work but i'm willing to take any suggestions

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: waterproof electrical boxes

if it was me i would toddle on down to an electrical or pool supply house and ask. breid.................

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
      if it was me i would toddle on down to an electrical or pool supply house and ask. breid.................
      if we had one that was capable of fulfilling my needs this thread would have never been started

thanks for your input though

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

let me rephrase this. does anyone know the name of an electrical supply house i can call up, tell them what i need, give them a CC number and wait for it to get hung up in Puerto Rico?

just curious

steve

Comment

Well, technically I don't think it would be legal, but I also don't think it would be unsafe either.

You can install a 8x8x6 or 12x12x6 PVC box in the conduit line between the wet niche and the deck box. The cover would have to remain a few inches above the mean water line and remain accessible, obviously.

You DO have a deck box installed, right?

Comment

yes, the connection is 1.5 feet above the waterline of the pool. all i want to do is get a larger box to replace the small one i have so i can coil enough cord to allow me to get the fixture on the pool deck WHEN i have to replace the bulb.

maybe i am an inarticulate SOB but i thought my original post made it clear what i meant

so does anyone know the name of an electrical supply house i can call up, tell them what i need, give them a CC number and wait for it to get hung up in Perto Rico?

steve

Comment

OH, I see you are not in the conti US. Sorry, but I have NO idea.

Have you tried some of the larger supply firms in the US like Grainger or McMaster? I'm sure they'd ship to the VI.

Comment

i wasn't being a shiit. although sometimes i am. breid..........

Comment

I think there is a lot of difference between WEATHER PROOF and WATERTIGHT. Those are two different animals.

Comment

Working...
                  X