X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with 7000 Generator and jet water pump

i have been running a Honda EM5000S to run the house with no problems, for 15 yrs, now it is time to replace it.
    Purchase the 7000 Ridgid and cannot run the 3/4 jet water pump ,
    it did burn outthe jet pump motor and i replaced with a 1/2 hp and still could not turn it over. Using the 30 amp outlet,
    I then hooked up a King 5000 watt generator and it had no problem starting and running the jet pump

Is there something wrong with the generator , like the 7000 is bigger then the 5000, and did not think that there should be any problems with a bigger wattage generator

The only thing different is the generators unplugged the 30 amp from the Ridgid, and inserted the same cord into the King 5000 generator and no problem for the 5000 to run everything again, like no other lines or applainces have been changed

Still really confused why the smaller honda and the King can run the pump and this larger unit cannot .

Re: problems with 7000 Generator and jet water pump

Answers are all posted to your same thread in the Ask the expert?power tool section.

Comment

Re: problems with 7000 Generator and jet water pump

Other electricians may chime in later. (I'm just a plumber but have been following your question).

Is there some sort of "POWER" switch on this generator that will then send power out and maybe you haven't switched it on?

Check for power at the pump too.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
      X