Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch, Light Sensor, Two Lights

Hey guys

I recently replaced the fixtures on my house and have a question. I have two black wires coming out of the one, one from the switch, and one to the light on the other side of the porch. The light sensor has the black, white and red wires. The way I have it wired now is the black from the switch is tied to the red wire from the sensor and the black wire from the first light. the black wire from the light senor is tied to the black wire from the other light. As of now the light that is tied to both the switch and sensor is the only one working.

I haven't checked the bulbs or bad connections but is this the proper way or should the black from the switch go to the black from the light senor, then the red from the light senor go to both blacks for the two lights?

Thanks

Re: Switch, Light Sensor, Two Lights

I would suggest you RTFM but typically the black is power into the sensor and red is the output. If the black from the switch is power tie it to sensor black, sensor red should be tied to both blacks of your lights assuming you want the sensor to control both lights.

Comment

Re: Switch, Light Sensor, Two Lights

If their was a manual I"d read it. When I was changing out the fixtures I put a piece of tape over the over the one black wire from the wall that tied into the red but when I pulled off the light sensor assembly to reconnect the ground, their went my piece of tape. But thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X