X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Track Lighting Sections

I installed some track lighting a few years back.I am thinking Home Depot stuff. I am trying to add onto it .I am having trouble finding the sections. I need a couple 2' sections(if they make em') and a 4' section , and 2-couplings ..I am thinking Hampton Bay Thanks for any help..I'm good on the lights just trying to add on and scratch this off the honey do list
    Attached Files
    Last edited by OLD1; 02-08-2011, 12:41 PM.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Looking for Track Lighting Sections

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
    I installed some track lighting a few years back.I am thinking Home Depot stuff. I am trying to add onto it .I am having trouble finding the sections. I need a couple 2' sections(if they make em') and a 4' section , and 2-couplings ..I am thinking Hampton Bay Thanks for any help..I'm good on the lights just trying to add on and scratch this off the honey do list
    The track that you are asking about is hampton bay at home depot .
    Lowes sell some of the same kind it's called portfolio brand.
    They both will interchange with each other. Buy 4 ft section and cut it to length with a hack saw. Couplings should be on the shelf with the track.
    hope this helps.
    Huck.

Comment

Originally posted by huckster4 View Post
      The track that you are asking about is hampton bay at home depot .
      Lowes sell some of the same kind it's called portfolio brand.
      They both will interchange with each other. Buy 4 ft section and cut it to length with a hack saw. Couplings should be on the shelf with the track.
      hope this helps.
      Huck.
      Thanks Huckster.

I'm wondering if you could cut the hampton bay tracks..So when you cut it you just need a coupling or fitting to splice it ???That would be awsome

Comment

Thanks Huckster.

I'm wondering if you could cut the hampton bay tracks..So when you cut it you just need a coupling or fitting to splice it ???That would be awsome
        Yes thats correct. Just remember to keep the polarity the same. If you look at the face of the track, one side has a groove in it, the other side is blank. Just make sure to line these up together. Also there should be a plastic end piece for closing the open end off.
        I know these two brands are compatible, because i have both in my lake cabin

Huck

Comment

Originally posted by huckster4 View Post
          Yes thats correct. Just remember to keep the polarity the same. If you look at the face of the track, one side has a groove in it, the other side is blank. Just make sure to line these up together. Also there should be a plastic end piece for closing the open end off.
          I know these two brands are compatible, because i have both in my lake cabin

Huck
          Thanks again Huck,
          I am going to install this today. I will post a few pics of the completed job..When the guy at HD told me to cut em' , I was like sure ..Thanks , T

Comment

Your welcome good luck. waitin for the pic's!!

Huck

Comment

Ok..all done..The only thing that struggled me was flipping the 90 around to make the left turn .It was set up for a right turn of course..I un did the cover and switched the connector sides and put it back together..Instead of just swiveling it 90 deg..Doh! It worked fine ,I just undid two more screws than I had to..Now my next thing is to find some lights that she can turn off and on INDIVIDUALLY..Yep now she wants to be able to turn the one light on as needed..Here we go again

Yeah and right on the paper work..DO NOT cut these tracks..I guess it's ok for plumbers to cut em though
              Attached Files
              Last edited by OLD1; 02-09-2011, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Nice job! Fixtures with switches should be no problem.
                Glad to help.

Huck

Comment

Next time you're at Lowe's check out their r-20 base LED spot light.
                  It runs cool, puts out excellent light, and it's pure white. they will fit in your lamp holders.

I have the same track lighting in my kitchen area and the LED lamps are amazing. They are instant on! they draw in real life about 8watts each and put out almost similar light [lumens] to a real 50watt incandescent lamp. Well maybe a little less. They produce no heat!

Last time I purchased some they were under $25.00 each but they will last 50,000 hours+.

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                    Next time you're at Lowe's check out their r-20 base LED spot light.
                    It runs cool, puts out excellent light, and it's pure white. they will fit in your lamp holders.

I have the same track lighting in my kitchen area and the LED lamps are amazing. They are instant on! they draw in real life about 8watts each and put out almost similar light [lumens] to a real 50watt incandescent lamp. Well maybe a little less. They produce no heat!

Last time I purchased some they were under $25.00 each but they will last 50,000 hours+.

Cactus Man
                    Great. but the next problem I am having is finding lamps that can be turned on/off individually..Trying to finalize this little project..Oh and it has to hang down A bit so it can be reached easily ..Almost has to have a straight shaft about 12" long and be able to swivel..I know I'm probably dreaming right? Thanks

Comment

Great. but the next problem I am having is finding lamps that can be turned on/off individually..Trying to finalize this little project..Oh and it has to hang down A bit so it can be reached easily ..Almost has to have a straight shaft about 12" long and be able to swivel..I know I'm probably dreaming right? Thanks
                      Still not having any luck with finding the switchable lights..

Comment

Working...
                      X