X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klein meters

Anybody use the new Klein meters? Likes and/or dislikes?

Re: Klein meters

Why make a better mousetrap? Stick with fluke.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Really depends on what you plan to use the meter for. For everyday voltage checks around the house or light jobsite, a "Wiggy" solenoid tester will be fine for most. If you are doing industrial type maintenance then the "fluke " may be your best bet.
      I have never used a Klein meter.

What are you going to use it for? No need to spend hundreds if you require less.
      Licensed Electrician

Comment

Checking voltage, amperage, continuity and to find out which lead would be hot if questionable. Amongst other things.

Comment

Try here. Look around.

http://www.google.com/search?source=...67bbe411eebc86
          Licensed Electrician

Comment

I would tend to think if Klein is willing to put there name on them there at least adequate for a electricians duty, the electricians I know of tend to rate Klein tools in the higher levels in general, I am sure they mess up from time to time as well, but I would not be concerned to try one out.

I currently have a nice fluke and a Field piece, meter, as well as a Radio shack unit and and I have a very cheap Radio shack unit and they all do what they say there supposed to do, and I have a old clamp on ammeter (guessing it is Sperry Instruments)

the only time I have heard of a meter not reading correctly I think was a harbor freight unit or similar,(not it was not mine). my son had a really cheap unit for a time.

if you want some reading here is a discussion on meters, probably just confuse one tho,
            http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=572772
            Last edited by BHD; 04-05-2011, 01:11 PM.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

My bet is the Klein meters are just re-branded Fluke or another reliable
              instrument made by someone else, unless they bought somebody out
              and put their name on the label now.

edit: unfortunately I was wrong (oh that hurt to say, don't tell the wife :-)
              See post below for the rest fo the story.
              Last edited by Bob D.; 04-05-2011, 04:21 PM.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

A quick search and I found this on their Facebook site:

Klein Tools
                What does "Made in USA" mean at Klein Tools?

Klein Tools operates eight plants in the US:
                · Skokie, IL makes pliers, grips, fish tapes, and other tools.

· Lincolnshire, IL makes screwdrivers and nut drivers.

· Roselle, IL manufactures wire strippers, pump pliers and adjustable wrenches.

· Elk Grove Village, IL produces tool forgings of high quality, proprietary tool steel.

· Fort Smith, AR manufactures leather and canvas goods.

· Bolivar, NY makes high quality scissors and other cutlery products.

· Rockford, MI produces high quality plastic products.

· Cedar Rapids, IA manages worldwide distribution.

Klein Tools de Mexico has operated a plant in Mexico City since 1970. This plant produces products for the Mexican and Central American markets. A few tools that are made here are sold in the US, like our knockout punches, but for the most part Mexican made products are consumed in Mexico.

Klein Tools has never closed a US plant and outsourced manufacturing to other countries – and we have no plans to do so.

Klein Tools does sell some products that are made in other countries to our quality standards. For the most part, these are items that are simply not produced in the US any more – a good example is electronic products like multimeters.

So, you can rest assured that Klein Tools remains firmly committed to US manufacturing and continues to invest in the latest technologies for our US production facilities.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

The meters are made by uei in Korea. I saw one at the supply house meter looks decent, but the leads feel cheap compared to fluke

Comment

Working...
                  X