X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12-2 through 1/2" EMT

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    For Your info [ clam head ],
    What is a "clam head". Must be some SF inside joke.

I pull My elec. permits and wire legally in S.F. Try running romex in conduet in S.F. and You will never get signed off.
    So do you just roll up inot the fetal position every time an inspector tell you something? Or do you question it and ask for a code reference? Or do you simply use the inspector to tech you the codes???

What kind of Hill Billy Burg do You "WIRE FOR FIRE IN" ???????????
    I honestly have NO idea what you are saying here. LOL

Comment

On Hi risers ,tunnels ,ect You'll never find a piece of romex in conduit.
      Who said ANYTHING about "Hi risers ,tunnels ,ect"?????
      We are talking about short runs for physical protection. YOU are making WAY more out of this than was ever intended.

If your area has extensive and more stringent amendments to the NEC you CANNOT state those things as fact for the rest of the real world. That is like someone from Chicago saying all conduit in a home is the only correct and safe wiring method.

Comment

SP, he is in San Francisco, lots of shady silly things happen there... maybe the inspector threatened to show him his violation in the closet, so he quit challenging them?

Comment

Well, if You both feel it's ok to run romex in metal conduit, go for it! Makes one wonder what else is acceptable in Your work!
          I live and work in the S.F. area ,Where inspectors protect the public. Not the good old boys club from the feed store.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Well, if You both feel it's ok to run romex in metal conduit, go for it! Makes one wonder what else is acceptable in Your work!
            I live and work in the S.F. area ,Where inspectors protect the public. Not the good old boys club from the feed store.
            I try my best to be as positive and respectful as I can to people who do not know very much about this trade. That is why I come here, to help. But you "toolaholic" has made me reconsider giving advice to amateurs as yourself. You are truly an idiot if you do not understand what we are saying. You have totally missed the whole concept of this thread.
            The guy asked if he could pull a few feet of Romex into a conduit and we told him he could.
            Licensed Electrician

Comment

Ok.. this has run its course and is getting nasty.. please refrain from personal attacks. Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
              X