X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lithium charger mod

Anyone know how to rewire a 120 volt, 18 volt lithium battery charger to run on on 12 volts?

Re: lithium charger mod

Do you mean you want an 18 volt charger to charge a 12 volt battery? I would be very leary of doing anything with Lithium batteries. They are pretty volatile. Put too much voltage to one, you might have a small bomb on your hands.
    Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Purchase a small DC/AC inverter and plug the charger into the inverter.
      The charger uses a switching style power supply and needs 120VAC to operate
      I believe the single charger is about 120VAC at 110Watts
      So a 200-250Watt 12VDC inverter should work well on not break into a sweat

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
        Purchase a small DC/AC inverter and plug the charger into the inverter.
        The charger uses a switching style power supply and needs 120VAC to operate
        I believe the single charger is about 120VAC at 110Watts
        So a 200-250Watt 12VDC inverter should work well on not break into a sweat

Cactus Man
        For the win!

I have plug in 12v chargers for my Ryobi and Dewalt tools, unf. they will not do lithium. (too old) If I had my druthers and was an electronics wiz, I would reverse engineer the transformer(?) or whatever that steps up the voltage to charge 18V batteries and convert the LI battery charger to work on 12V. Unfortunately I am not that smart. I also would like to convert the Ridgid radio to charge the batteries while being plugged in. I wonder how much longer Dewalt has the patent on that??
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
        X