Shop lighting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop lighting

I am NOT an electrician. Therfore I ask the experts. If you were going to put new lighting in your woodworking shop (20' x 20') 10 foot ceiling. What would you guys get? Money can be an issue so keep it real.
    Just looking for some decent lighting. I currently have 2 - 8' light fixtures but they NEVER burn all 4 bulbs at the same time. Each fixtures has 2 bulbs and the same bulbs burn all the time, on rare occasions all 4 bulbs will burn but it is rare. Thanks for your advice.

Re: Shop lighting

I have used the 4" shop fixtures, there reasonable low cost and plug in, I have a high ceiling and have a used a quartz light over the table saw, in some shop I had the procline fixtures and a lot of light bulbs,

I problay like the 4" fluorescents best,

the biggest thing with fluorescents is the possible braking of the tubes, I use the plastic shields over them normally,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dondi12 View Post
      I am NOT an electrician. Therfore I ask the experts. If you were going to put new lighting in your woodworking shop (20' x 20') 10 foot ceiling. What would you guys get? Money can be an issue so keep it real.
      Just looking for some decent lighting. I currently have 2 - 8' light fixtures but they NEVER burn all 4 bulbs at the same time. Each fixtures has 2 bulbs and the same bulbs burn all the time, on rare occasions all 4 bulbs will burn but it is rare. Thanks for your advice.

This is what I used in my shop [20x30]. These are 8ft fixtures , but have 4ft lamps. They are t-8 lamps with electronic ballasts.As you can see from the pics it is in the middle of the day. Very bright and excellent illumination. I installed them when i built my shop in 06, have had no problems so far. I have installed them in many shops where i live.Cost is around 45 to 50 bucks with lamps at electric supply here where i live.
      As BHD added wraps for bulbs , they make these bulbs that have a plastic film around them used in food service areas. They are a little pricey, but if your worried about breakage they stay contained in the plastic when broken.

Hope this helps , Huck
      Name:  3caacbb5d699886cce9ba646d63e82c4.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  532.1 KBName:  c03d230da5197a7555396865720f81e6.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  542.2 KB

Comment

Nice job on the conduit, Huck. Saddle bend is right on the money. Whoever did that for you knew what they were doing...

Comment

Working...
        X