Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
rigid 8000 watts, 30 amp generator and reliance 8000 watt transformer panel Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigid 8000 watts, 30 amp generator and reliance 8000 watt transformer panel

my rigid subaru engine 8000 portable generator has a 30 amp 220 outlet plug. I installed the 10 circuit transformer from reliance into my existing box for my house. No circuit is greater than 20 amps. The extension cord that comes with the reliance box fits and attaches to the rigid generator(240 connector).

However, the 20 foot cord that came with the generator has the wrong connector. it has the outie versus the innie connector that is on the generator.

Question: if I plug the 240v line into the transformer, will the the Reliance trsnformer handle the 30 amps?

question: the plug adapter sold with reliance transformer so you can make your own power connector is rated for 20 amps 240V.

Do I have problems here? Home Depot sells both of these items. Will my generator burn up anything if the amperage output is 30 and everything else maxes at 20 amps?

Or is everything cool beccause I an underutlizing amperage?(20 versus 30 amp max)

Re: rigid 8000 watts, 30 amp generator and reliance 8000 watt transformer panel

A generator is rated for the maximum current it can supply, If you hook up a generator that is rated higher than the transfer switch just make sure that the load does not exceed the rating of the transfer switch. The generator can not be harmed if it is oversized but the transfer switch can it is is overloaded. Whatever is the smallest current rated item is what is at risk.

Comment

Working...
    X