wiring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring

Am I able to use 14-2 wire for a microwave and one additional outlet?

Re: wiring

You might be able to get away with it for the micro alone, but NOT with an additional receptacle. Kitchen receptacles are required to be on 20A circuits.

Comment

Maybe the microwave is in the living room....

Comment

Kitchen Two 20 amp circuits on new work here + dedicated circuits
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Paul GA View Post
          Maybe the microwave is in the living room....
          Maybe the toilet is in the KITCHEN! It's Georgia after all.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Why run the risk of burning dinner when nature calls?

Comment

What kind of microwave, and what kind of power are we talking about? Will it work? Yes for a while. Will you have problems if you try using multiple appliances at once on that circuit? Most certainly yes. 12-2 is not much more expensive than 14-2, especially for a small job like this, run it in 12 and never have to worry about it.

My microwave is considered small at 800 Watts, but it has a built in convection oven. When I am running it at full tilt boogie, it will and has in the past tripped the circuit breaker when I had the ol hot pan on the same plug.
              Last edited by masterbeavis; 01-31-2012, 10:16 PM.
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                Only some one from the left coast would think that.

It's outside!

Comment

Many house type trailers have dual interior lights. They work on 120vac and 12vdc. I'm thinking perhaps something going on with that maybe? Also, when reading voltage with a voltmeter there is VERY LITTLE current being drawn so you can easily get a reading with either a bad connection on the plus or ground side. Once you add a good load a bad connection will show its face. Try this, one one interior light check the voltage at the same time another light is turned on and see if you have a massive Vdrop on the line.

Comment

Working...
                  X