No announcement yet.

Please recommend a good multimeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used the Fluke 115. This is a multi-function power measuring device, providing users with many applications to check electrical equipment and electrical systems. The device is equipped with True RMS, which effectively measures many different lines in the circuit. AC / DC voltage measurement with 600.0 mV rating; measuring 600 Ohm circuit, automatic alarm <20 Ohm, switching off> 25 Ohm, breaking open circuit or short circuit of 500?S or longer; resistance measurement with a range of 40,00 Mohm / 0.01 Mohm; measuring capacitance> 1000 ?F, accuracy of 5% + 20%; Measuring range frequency 50kHz / 0.01 kHz. Model 115 measures the main circuits with 600V power measurement. The appropriate voltage level measures a 3-phase power distribution system, withstands continuous overpressure that can occur on the grid or in industrial environments. The device meets all electrical safety standards CAT III 600V, IEC 61010-1, providing safety and peace of mind for users.

Comment

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Southwire-D...Meter/50125835

This has everything you want and less than $50. I'm a Fluke guy but have used these on occasion and found them to be reliable.

Comment

The poster asked the question back in 2012, I am sure he has found something by now.

Comment

Originally posted by rjniles View Post
          The poster asked the question back in 2012, I am sure he has found something by now.
          Stupid me, didn't look. I was just following the thread lol.

Comment

• CWSmith
            CWSmith commented
            Editing a comment
            That okay, it happens quite a bit and I spotted this yesterday and was thinking I ought to add to it... reading it through this morning I found out I already had answered, several years ago.

BTW All my cheap and free meters are still working fine... even the Craftsman, inspite of plugging a lead into the wrong socket (bad headache day). Got one heckuva burn mark on the meter, but it's still working.

My mind hasn't changed on Fluke's... great meter, but beyond what I would want to spend as it's not something I make an income with.

CWS

• pitboss000
            pitboss000 commented
            Editing a comment
            Fluke's are rugged, reliable and proven. It's what most pro's recommend for commercial/daily use. There's nothing wrong with low cost units for the average homeowner or occasional light user looking for simple measurements. The problem's are usually with accuracy in certain situations. For example, ohm and capacitance readings can be flakey or not attainable at all on the cheaper units. Fluke has never let me down. They are costly, but you only buy them once.
        Working...
        X