motor fault + repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: motor fault + repair

Like I thought nothing beneficial to add and yet you still post. I would have even been fine if you found fault in something someone posted....even me, and nothing. Why bother wasting everyone's time with your garbage? At least offer some substance to the benefit of the thread.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Looks like a homework question to me - somebody in summer school?

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
        Like I thought nothing beneficial to add and yet you still post. I would have even been fine if you found fault in something someone posted....even me, and nothing. Why bother wasting everyone's time with your garbage? At least offer some substance to the benefit of the thread.
        I gave the best advice which is to have the origional "electrician" fix it. Nothing was mentioned about what type of fault it was. Furthermore nothing mentioned about a pump (which you would not be using a reversing starter) Anyone with the slightest knowledge can tell you why its running backwards. I thought it prudent (as did a few other wise posters) not to give advice on that since it has not been established why it is faulting. There are too many things that are way above your head. If an Electrician wired it, call him back.
        Best advice call an electrician or refer to art 430 of the NEC or NFPA79 for machinery controlls.

You have no grounds giving advice on electrical. Poeple like you are going to get someone hurt or killed.

Comment

Originally posted by johncameron View Post
          I gave the best advice which is to have the origional "electrician" fix it. Nothing was mentioned about what type of fault it was. Furthermore nothing mentioned about a pump (which you would not be using a reversing starter) Anyone with the slightest knowledge can tell you why its running backwards. I thought it prudent (as did a few other wise posters) not to give advice on that since it has not been established why it is faulting. There are too many things that are way above your head. If an Electrician wired it, call him back.
          Best advice call an electrician or refer to art 430 of the NEC or NFPA79 for machinery controlls.

You have no grounds giving advice on electrical. Poeple like you are going to get someone hurt or killed.
          You are right about someone getting hurt. I absolutely agree. I didn't tell him to do anything that would get him hurt. A motor can spin backwards if the pumps are in parallel and not piped correctly. If this was to happen and the pump going the wrong way suddenly turns on the shaft will break into at least two pieces. I also agree the original Electrician should go back. Nothing at all was really mentioned beyond ac and three phase. That's why I mentioned some things that I find all of the time when starting up boilers, pumps and the likes. Again ultimately, you are right. I was not telling him to do anything but check some common problems. The pumps are not always wired incorrectly. Thank you for adding value to the thread.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • and other specialties.

Comment

My posts are not meant to be disrespectful to anyone.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • and other specialties.

Comment

Getinit, your posts were/are helpful and not disrespectful in my opinion.

Comment

I appreciate the helpfullness of people here and agree that no disrespect was intended, myself included. That said, this is an Electricians forum and advice given should be given with prudence. Someone messing around with 3 phase motors and controls without proper knowledge/training frankly scares me. Yes, maybe he can fiddle around and get it working but will it be done safely and correctly?
                Sad thing is, its usually someone else that gets hurt other than the untrained person doing the work.

As a Master Electrician of many years, I know this is not a DIY job.

Comment

Working...
                X