Electric Baseboard heaters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Baseboard heaters

I am currently remodeling a room and I have removed a wall that the thermostate was mounted on. The existing base board heaters will remain where they are however I will have to reroute the wiring. My question is will I have to start at the breaker board or can I use the existing source wiring and use a junction box to give me the extra lenght that I need.

Re: Electric Baseboard heaters

a splice can be made in a junction box, but it needs to remain accessible, (in other words do not bury it in the wall) just put a blank cover on it, (at least that is my undersanding of the nec)
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
      a splice can be made in a junction box, but it needs to remain accessible, (in other words do not bury it in the wall) just put a blank cover on it, (at least that is my undersanding of the nec)
      This is correct. If your walls are open to the studs and you are going to rewire the room also, just pull the baseboard wire to an outlet it will reach, use a larger box and extand the baseboard wire from there with the outlet re installed in it. If not then just use a JB and leave a blank cover on it so it can be accessible.

Comment

Electric baseboard heater is quit safe as compare to other heaters. There is lots of advantages of this. We can set a temperature according to requirement.
        Hampton Bay
        Hampton Bay Fan Company

Comment

I agree with you hamp! Electric baseboard heaters are very reliable electrical devices and troubleshooting it is accomplished through the use of a basic ohmmeter.
          plumbing & heating services

Comment

No need of junction box you can take the baseboard wire to the outlet and do the re-wiring process.

Comment

Working...
            X