Well pump breaker tripped, but still have water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well pump breaker tripped, but still have water

Hello. The breaker is tripped and will not go back on. Is this an electrical problem or well pump problem? I have no idea in regards to this.

Re: Well pump breaker tripped, but still have water

That depends, the pump motor could be locked up or there could be a short in the wiring. The test would be to remove the supply line to the well pump starter box and see if the breaker resets. if so there is a problem with the pump motor or the starter. You still have water because there may still be pressure in the tank for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by QROKING View Post
      That depends, the pump motor could be locked up or there could be a short in the wiring. The test would be to remove the supply line to the well pump starter box and see if the breaker resets. if so there is a problem with the pump motor or the starter. You still have water because there may still be pressure in the tank for a while.
      So do we remove the metal cap of well pump which is in backyard? Please bear with me as I'm an absolute novice with breaker boxes/home repair.

Comment

What kind of pump do you have?
        In the well (submersible)?
        Above the ground (Jet)

Do you have a "starter" box? You may not. Majority don't in my experience.

You need an electrical meter to troubleshoot.

The breaker buzzing or kicking could be the box/capacitor but more likely the well pump.

Being a novice as you say I would advise to call a licensed plumber or well contractor. Should be able to have you running soon.

Comment

I agree, not knowing any more than you do, it would be advisable to call a Well/Pump person.
          Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

And it could just be a bad breaker.
            26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by speedbump View Post
              I agree, not knowing any more than you do, it would be advisable to call a Well/Pump person.
              I agree, (best advice)

Comment

It seems to trip when I run the shower in the morning. Once reset, it usually doesn't trip again until the next time I use the shower. The problem was intermittent but has become increasingly consistent. Could it have to do with water level in the well(in kind of a dry spell)? Could it be the breaker?
                "Ruhrpumpen.com" Leading Manufacturer Of High Quality Centrifugal Pump

Comment

it could be the breaker or little pieces of SPAM jammed in your centrifugal pump
                  ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by dannygray View Post
                    It seems to trip when I run the shower in the morning. Once reset, it usually doesn't trip again until the next time I use the shower. The problem was intermittent but has become increasingly consistent. Could it have to do with water level in the well(in kind of a dry spell)? Could it be the breaker?
                    Spammer trying out the forum boot em!
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                    X