X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Finding Blubs

I have some pocket lights that I am having a real hard time finding the same blubs for replacement. I've searched all the stores, been on-line for many, many hours trying to locate a source. The only blub that I've been able to find, with the same base, is too long to fit in the fixture. I think they measured somewhere around 5.250" long/tall. The original blub is about 4.250" long/tall.

Not sure if this is the right place for help, but had to start somewhere. Just hoping that someone can come up with some leads for a source.

Click image for larger version

Name:	912674a115fc424b6523d56985b7eaf1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	17046Click image for larger version

Name:	336d48c48b05c7e7b9e873d7e8694865.jpg
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	17047Click image for larger version

Name:	0ace104dd3b59e205789ae7e0ad3f27e.jpg
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	17048

Re: Help Finding Blubs

I googled Osram dulux 13w/827 and got 10+ pages using Google search. Can you try that? Any lighting center near you should be able to order them for you if you bring them the old one.

Comment

As stated in original post, I've spent countless hours doing every kind of search I can think of and if you were to check some, they are either 2 pin or too long. I've noticed some "Three" tube blubs, but haven't checked to see if there is room in the fixture for the base(not even sure if there is a difference in base size). Also don't know if there would be a difference in going from "Two" tube to "Three" tube.

Just find it strange that this particular blub is so hard to find.

Ron

Comment

It would certaintly help us to help you if we knew what this bulb was used in.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Here's one. It's got a 4 pin connector but I don't know the length.

13 Watt - PL 13W/2U/4P/827 G24Q-1 Base - Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb

A stated in my reply to your original post you can also try a lighting center or try an electrical supply house. We have a place near me called just bulbs and they have or can order any obscure or obsolete bulb you can imagine. If you can't find any solutions PM me and I will put you in touch with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            It would certaintly help us to help you if we knew what this bulb was used in.
            As stated earlier, Pocket lights (at least that's what I think they are referred as). The cap has a lens preventing longer blubs.Click image for larger version

Name:	fb4d9e82d6a5624295c5f1e38c4203c7.jpg
Size:	474.3 KB
ID:	17049Click image for larger version

Name:	a83456df7ee4b1fe46aae3d1fc5c9fce.jpg
Size:	522.7 KB
ID:	17050

Comment

Originally posted by lreops View Post
              As stated earlier, Pocket lights (at least that's what I think they are referred as). The cap has a lens preventing longer blubs.Click image for larger version

Name:	fb4d9e82d6a5624295c5f1e38c4203c7.jpg
Size:	474.3 KB
ID:	17049Click image for larger version

Name:	a83456df7ee4b1fe46aae3d1fc5c9fce.jpg
Size:	522.7 KB
ID:	17050
              Ok, I thought that was a generic term. I've never heard of that style light being called a pocket light.
              To me they have always been known as high hats or recessed lights.
              Guess I can't be much help with this one.

But I found this after searching for a minute or two. Looks to be the right length, 4.6", 2 pin made by Osram 13w/827
              http://www.bulbamerica.com/osram-syl...ht-bulb-2.html

Is it a two or four pin lamp you need. I only see 2 pins in your photo.
              Last edited by Bob D.; 12-30-2012, 05:48 PM.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              ---------
              ---------

Comment

is it possible if you use compact fluorescent bulb, you'll get better results.

Not that I'm the spelling bee king, but the word is bulb. Not blub.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  is it possible if you use compact fluorescent bulb, you'll get better results.

Not that I'm the spelling bee king, but the word is bulb. Not blub.

rick.
                  Yeah, I'm no spelling whiz either. Don't fully understand your suggestion. I thought that what I had was considered a compact fluorescent bulb. Without doing a complete renovation of replacing the fixtures, I'm limited to available space within the fixture and the four pin socket inside.

Ron

Comment

The only lamp he can use in that fixture must be an OSRAM DULUX D/E 13W/827 G24Q-1 | 4pin, or similar made by another manufacturer, unless he can change out the socket, replace the fixture or maybe change out the trim on the fixture to accommodate the length of a longer replacement lamp.

Comment

Ok, 4 pin. So the lamp i found is 2 pin and will not work.
                      I wonder why it is so difficult to locate a lamp in the right length for your fixture.
                      ---------------
                      ---------------
                      ---------
                      ---------

Comment

That's what I'm having trouble understanding also.

I really do appreciate all the help in trying to figure this out.

Ron

Comment

McMaster-Carr, though maybe not the cheapest place to buy, has what looks to be a pretty comprehensive list of Plug-In Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs.

McMaster-Carr
                          ---------------
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                            McMaster-Carr, though maybe not the cheapest place to buy, has what looks to be a pretty comprehensive list of Plug-In Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs.

McMaster-Carr
                            Thanks for the link, trouble is, no 4 pin and mostly screw in. I am beginning to think that the bulbs I have must of been discontinued and replaced by a 5.2" from the 4.339" (exact measurement). I would think that there has to be some somewhere. I believe I got these fixtures about 10 to 12 years ago, so it's not like I'm dealing with something that would be obsolete. Very puzzling indeed!

Ron

Comment

I saw 4 pin dual element on their site, but nothing shorter than 5.2"

Have you tried to lookup the manufacturers website for information?
                              If they still have the lamps available they are getting from somewhere
                              and it would seem we ought to be able to figure out where.

I know they are not getting them from McMaster but I figured they might have them listed.
                              ---------------
                              ---------------
                              ---------
                              ---------

Comment

Working...
                              X