Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 nec book

What's the easiest way to find what You're looking for ? Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: 2011 nec book

I have a NEC handbook and it is illustrated and has come commentary on most items, (since I am a better picture reader then word reader and I can find things much easier looking for pictures, than for lines of words, the illustrations are similar to Mike Holt's in his information, Mike Holt

here is PDF index of 2011 from Mike Holt's web site, http://www.mikeholt.com/download.php..._NEC_Index.pdf

he has some free stuff, Mike Holt and that is where the above index came from,

but I think one is supposed to memorize the basic articles and then you can find them, that is what my SIL did,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Kevin, this is well worth the $18.00 price tag.

Code Check Electrical 6th Edition

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        What's the easiest way to find what You're looking for ? Thanks Tool
        The index

After a while you will get the hang of it,...Chapter 3;wiring methods ...Chapter 4; flexible cords...Chapter 5;classified locations...etc.

Also try and learn the definitions and trade names....Certain things are not mentioned as you might think of them. Example; Romex, SubPanel...etc

You can also buy page tabs to help locate sections quickly.

One note; The notes and illustrations in hand book are meant for info purposes and are not code. Neither are the fpn notes.
        Last edited by johncameron; 03-10-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          Kevin, this is well worth the $18.00 price tag.

Code Check Electrical 6th Edition

Rick.
          Thanks Rick,I do have them all. Like the UPC ,There is soo much to learn! We are so lucky to have John Cameron and Speedy Peety looking after Us !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Thanks Guys I just ordered the color coded EZ tabs for the 2011 NEC from Amazon about $18.00 .Each time a code is referenced Here or other Elec. forums I'll read that section and add the tab for future reference, Now off to add some Earth Quake hold downs !

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              Thanks Guys I just ordered the color coded EZ tabs for the 2011 NEC from Amazon about $18.00 .Each time a code is referenced Here or other Elec. forums I'll read that section and add the tab for future reference, Now off to add some Earth Quake hold downs !
              preparing your reference book this way shows the sign of efficiency or forgetfullness (i cant remember which one)
              shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Working...
              X