X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything Questionable??

Does anybody see something wrong/questionable in this photo????

Attachment
    Attached Files

Re: Anything Questionable??

i'll bite.

the power drop comes if from the other side of the house through the weather head. then you have what appears to be a new panel with a weather head and wires coming in bare from an elevated position. this would allow water into the panel. but also the wires are running bundled and around a conduit clip not sure exactly where these are coming from. is it possibly a diy solar setup?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The "bare" wires come though the soffit to what you see the weather head and into a breaker box/disconnect.. That goes to a jacuzzi that was just delivered.
      I seen my neighbor installing the wiring and thought to myself,,,"why not just run the wires though the conduit though the soffit". Then run them though the crawl/attic space and though the ceiling in the garage right above the main breaker panel thru a conduit. No exposed wires....
      That looks so "Jerry rigged" no offence to any Jerry's here on the forums..

Comment

If what you describe is true then it is a complete HACK job and will be red tagged by the inspector. I LOVE it when folks do a job with absolutely NO clue what they are doing, because you know, "it ain't rocket science". Then they have to rip it all out and start over because what they did was wrong and dangerous.

Doubtful a clown like that is getting anything inspected though.

Comment

A rarity I see is an actual picture with the hack visible.
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy Petey View Post
            If what you describe is true then it is a complete HACK job and will be red tagged by the inspector. I LOVE it when folks do a job with absolutely NO clue what they are doing, because you know, "it ain't rocket science". Then they have to rip it all out and start over because what they did was wrong and dangerous.

You're right Speedy. No inspection because I seen no permit. But, around here the code inspector has an eye like a hawk so he might get nabbed sooner or later.
            I am no electrical contractor but to me this did not look right, in-fact it looks dumb!!!!

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
            A rarity I see is an actual picture with the hack visible.

Yea Punky, I took the photo on my property and zoomed in, his head is about 75 feet away..

Comment

Will you be informing the inspector?
              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy Petey View Post

Did Cletis move ?
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                  Will you be informing the inspector?
                  I really don't know. I think they will get caught on thier own.. There is a general contractor that lives next to the house in question. I am sure he will see it within the next few days. I might strike up a conversation with him..
                  Hmmmmm maybe I have some leverage now when thier dog barks non stop!!!

Comment

Originally posted by urch55 View Post
                    I really don't know. I think they will get caught on thier own.. There is a general contractor that lives next to the house in question. I am sure he will see it within the next few days. I might strike up a conversation with him..
                    Hmmmmm maybe I have some leverage now when thier dog barks non stop!!!
                    Its not unheard of for an electrical fire to spread to neighboring homes. Its in your best interest to call and ask if a permit was issued for this work. Just call and ask who the contractor is because you don't see a permit posted.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      Did Cletis move ?
                      Oh please! Not here too!

Comment

Working...
                      X