X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage drop on a circuit

My brother in law was describing how the other night, the lights in their bedroom and apparently their bathroom vanity (same circuit) 'all of a sudden went dim'. It didn't happen anywhere else in the house. He went down to the breaker panel and switched the breaker off and on a couple of times, but it didn't resolve the issue. So he shut the breaker off completely for the night. I went over with a meter the next day, turned on the breaker and read 110v in the bedroom. My thought was maybe his breaker is starting to quit on him, but I don't have any idea. I've already given them the name of my electrician, but I thought I'd post here for some extra input. Oh, they didn't smell any burning if that helps.

Thanks,
    Paul

Re: Voltage drop on a circuit

Electrician should be able to locate it in a jiffy. It's probably a bad connection from a loose wire-nut or a back-stabed device.

Good luck.

Comment

Re: Voltage drop on a circuit

Thanks John. I didn't pull the light fixtures, switches or outlets, but the loose wire nut could be a strong possibility. I think they changed out fixtures when they bought the house a couple years ago.

Comment

Working...
      X