An adaptor from 220 to 110?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An adaptor from 220 to 110?

Quote: If I buy it, I will run a dedicated 220 line. I just want to make sure that the motor is not damaged before I drop 1400 dollars on a used machine. End of Quote:

Given the above information, and the code enforcers good advice, I revise my suggestion:

Wear rubber gloves.
    Make sure there are no kids playing nearby that could knock out one of the plugs for the couple minutes you are testing the used machine....or animals, or adults.
    Check the weather channel to make sure there is no chance of a hurricane or tornado which could distract you for your two minute test.

But the safe thing to do is hire a licensed electrician, pull a permit because you are adding a circuit, add a 220 volt breaker, line, and receptacle rated for the used machine....and do not forget to call in for inspection. Then you can perform your 2 minute test of the used machine.

Comment

Originally posted by cei955 View Post
      Quote: If I buy it, I will run a dedicated 220 line. I just want to make sure that the motor is not damaged before I drop 1400 dollars on a used machine. End of Quote:

Given the above information, and the code enforcers good advice, I revise my suggestion:

Wear rubber gloves.
      Make sure there are no kids playing nearby that could knock out one of the plugs for the couple minutes you are testing the used machine....or animals, or adults.
      Check the weather channel to make sure there is no chance of a hurricane or tornado which could distract you for your two minute test.

But the safe thing to do is hire a licensed electrician, pull a permit because you are adding a circuit, add a 220 volt breaker, line, and receptacle rated for the used machine....and do not forget to call in for inspection. Then you can perform your 2 minute test of the used machine.
      My suggestion is to drop "Electrician" from your occupation title. No disrespect here, but you seem to be lacking the basic fundamentals of electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by johncameron View Post
        My suggestion is to drop "Electrician" from your occupation title. No disrespect here, but you seem to be lacking the basic fundamentals of electricity.
        SINCE YOU ARE FROM THE SUBURBS OF DETROIT MICHIGAN, I WILL CONSIDER YOUR SUGGESTION BUT PLEASE WATCH THE ATTACHED MOVIE....

Last edited by cei955; 11-24-2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to it, as soon as you figure out how to insert the link.

Comment

Looking forward to it, as soon as you figure out how to insert the link.
            First you click on the arrow in center of picture.

Then you click watch it on you tube.

If you need any more help, talk to your grand kids to show you.

Comment

Originally posted by cei955 View Post
              First you click on the arrow in center of picture.

Then you click watch it on you tube.

If you need any more help, talk to your grand kids to show you.
              Look Tonto, there is no arrow, picture or link in any of your posts. BTW, your dog is just lovelyl

Comment

Look Tonto, there is no arrow, picture or link in any of your posts. BTW, your dog is just lovelyl

There is a YouTube movie.
                ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Posted now with windows exp instead of mozzilla. If this does not work try going to YouTube and search on Detroit Decline....eye opener.

Thanks for the complement on my dog.

Comment

Still no link but thanks for trying. Economic decline has nothing to do with anything on this thread,
                    but if you want to talk politics I'm open to it.

Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone.

Comment

Well, thanks for all the help guys. In the end, I didn't buy the jointer as the seller was not willing to negotiate price at all. I learned some stuff through this thread, and just wanted to say thanks for your effort and time!

Comment

Working...
                      X