X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFCI Power Cords.....

I'm looking for a replacement GFCI power cord for my sewer rodder. The old cord is labeled SJTOOW.

It is important to me that the replacement cord be very soft & flexible as the original. Which of the letters in the cord id tells me the cord is going to be soft/flexible ?

I found a Leviton GFA15-25C cord that is labeled SJT, is this going to be what I want ?

The chart below says nothing about flexibility.

• S = Severe Service Cord - 600 volts (also 277/480 or 480) - May be utilized in place of SJ in extra-severe service
    • SJ = Junior Severe Service - 300 volts (also 120 or 120/208 or 120/240 or 240 or 277, but not 277/480)
    • T = Thermoplastic
    • E = Elastomer - thermoplastic that looks and feels like rubber
    • O = Oil Resistant Outer Jacket
    • OO = Oil Resistant Outer Jacket and Oil Resistant Insulation
    • V = Vacuum (typically used with vacuum cleaners and other portable cleaning equipment)
    • W = CSA Weather and Water Resistant (approved for indoor and outdoor use
    Last edited by AssTyme; 11-24-2013, 01:43 PM.

Re: GFCI Power Cords.....

The letters used to describe portable cords hold significance. Below are the meanings for each letter.[1]
    S = Severe Service Cord - 600 volts (also 277/480 or 480) - May be utilized in place of SJ in extra-severe service
    SJ = Junior Severe Service - 300 volts (also 120 or 120/208 or 120/240 or 240 or 277, but not 277/480)
    T = Thermoplastic
    E = Elastomer - thermoplastic that looks and feels like rubber
    O = Oil Resistant Outer Jacket
    OO = Oil Resistant Outer Jacket and Oil Resistant Insulation
    V = Vacuum (typically used with vacuum cleaners and other portable cleaning equipment)
    W = CSA Weather and Water Resistant (approved for indoor and outdoor use)
    Flexibility is determined by the gauge of the wire and the type of insulation used.

Comment

Soow wire is commonly stocked and probably what you are looking for.
      Sow cord might also do, but not if its laying in solvents all the time. Both are quite flexable

Comment

Originally posted by johncameron View Post
        Soow wire is commonly stocked and probably what you are looking for.
        Sow cord might also do, but not if its laying in solvents all the time. Both are quite flexable

I ended up getting a SJEOW it was the softest most flexible cord I could find at the big box stores.

Comment

Working...
        X