utilitech bath fan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• utilitech bath fan

Anyone have any experience with these humidity sensor activated bath fans made by Utilitech. I have a customer who insists that the blue light is supposed to turn red when the fan is on and that my guy broke it simply by connecting the vent to the top of it..... It seems to me like the switch turned off then on alternates it to a manual full power mode or the auto sensor mode.... Am I wrong?
    Thanks

Re: utilitech bath fan

Originally posted by Lowes.com
    • Cycle switch on/off for humidity sensing and full-speed modes
    • Dual color LED indicator shows active mode
    • Motor adjusts speed based on humidity level
    • Unit motor automatically adjusts fan speed based on humidity level
    • Fan kicks on when humidity level reaches 60%
    • Fan turns off automatically when humidity level drops below 60%
    • Mounting hardware included
    ON indicates active mode...whatever that is.

I think your customer is full of sh!t and he's looking for a free ride. If in fact the fan broke because of jostling from a vent install he should have spent more than $109 for a good fan.

More fools that fall for buttons, lights, knobs, and whistles.... and they don't read the owner's manuals. these people p!ss me off.
    Last edited by Plumber Punky; 01-20-2014, 09:31 PM. Reason: more griping
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

This is an idea I had many years ago. I thought about having the fan activated by rising humidity and also about
      using a flow switch connected to the shower valve or a sensor that detected flow to the shower head.

I don't think its just bells and whistles, there is a practical side to it also.
      Having the fan run in auto reduces the time that inside air is exhausted so that helps reduce heating and cooling costs.

Yes its easy for an adult to remember (most times) to turn the fan on and off, but kids and the elderly are another story.
      I've gone to an elderly friends house a couple times in the past year or so and noticed the fan on and when asked they
      said they must have left it on from when they showered hours ago so a lot of BTUs were pumped out of the house that winter day.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        I don't think its just bells and whistles,

I meant the 'lights' part...
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

vibration sensor attached to the shower riser and pir sensor
          if no vidration and movement in the bathroon then fan shuts off
          shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Working...
          X