dirty trick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dirty trick

we have some rewire able fuze's at work for the larger equipment.
    the type you unscrew the end caps and insert a new element.
    one of the guys put a bit of limburger cheese in one and installed it in the panel over the week end
    when the pump operator turned the power on he was treated to a rather vulgar stench when the fuse heated up a bit.
    shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Re: dirty trick

Originally posted by gnuuser View Post
    we have some rewire able fuze's at work for the larger equipment.
    the type you unscrew the end caps and insert a new element.
    one of the guys put a bit of limburger cheese in one and installed it in the panel over the week end
    when the pump operator turned the power on he was treated to a rather vulgar stench when the fuse heated up a bit.
    Smell is fine but Limburger is a violation of 240.60(d)

Renewable Fuses.
    Class H cartridge fuses of the renewable type shall be permitted to be used only for replacement in existing installations where there is no evidence of overfusing or tampering.

Comment

There is the classic replacing of the tungsten in the TIG torch with a piece of 1/8 316SS rod ground to a point. Welders hate it when you pull that one on them, and you better not do it on an X-ray weld or you're gonna be sorry.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

I've never understood why some people think that stupid is funny.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

One charged condenser, CHARGED IN THE STASH !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

a 4th of july sparkler looks just like a small arc welding rod. but when you strike it, it keeps on sparkling. great fun for a rookie welder.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
              I've never understood why some people think that stupid is funny.
              stupid tricks yes they are so obvious they rarely work!
              taking practical joking to a creative level can be fun providing it harms no one
              sometimes its entertaining to figure out how the tricks were orchestrated
              there is a lot of difference between a true joker and a sh**head
              shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

Comment

Call me a lot of things but I reckon any electrician playing games like this should have his ticket pulled. We all like a bit of hanky panky but what we did years ago cant be done today. The biggest problem I have seen and experienced is the intellect of todays generation is not similar to ours, even when we were their age too. They generally don't know when to stop. That's when things go south and people get hurt.
                Yes I am sounding a little old and other but when you realize how close to fatality you just came your attitude changes really quickly

Comment

i agree with you theres a lot of difference in knowing what is harmless and what is going too far
                  the good ones are when you can get the victims family or spouse in on it.
                  such as putting a pair of panties in the lunch box and letting their wife know about it.
                  so she can razz him too
                  or putting a blow up doll in their office chair!

heck once we even frosted a large slab of wood for them to cut on their birthday (that was a riot)

Comment

Working...
                  X