Spa disconnect huming the blues !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spa disconnect huming the blues !!

WOW the Hum is gone ! Went to city Elec. and got a can of corrosionx , lubricant ,penetrant,anti seize . Safe on electronics .
    Shut of breaker at service ,2-50 amp 240v ,took off cover and gave it all a good spray. It's about 8 ft. outside our bedroom. Mom can't believe How Quiet it is now . Thanks All, Tool
    Last edited by toolaholic; 03-20-2014, 08:33 PM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

i think your hum will come back. only that you jarred something into alignment when you opened the cover.

glad you have it resolved for the moment.

p.s. spend the cash on "mom" for god's sake and wish her a happy <holiday of your choice>
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
        i think your hum will come back. only that you jarred something into alignment when you opened the cover.

glad you have it resolved for the moment.

p.s. spend the cash on "mom" for god's sake and wish her a happy <holiday of your choice>
        Mom is a happy Gal , At the end of April we celebrate our 30th Anniv. in London 5 days ,then Ireland. total 3 weeks .
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Mom is a happy Gal , At the end of April we celebrate our 30th Anniv. in London 5 days ,then Ireland. total 3 weeks .
          wouldnt mind goin to ireland someday. sounds like a place id like to retire

congratulations on your 30th. im on my 9th lol
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            Wouldn't a spa disconnect require a gfi incorporated into it? Might be why it's a $100.00?

Rick.

GFI breaker in panel. Check that lugs are torqued properly.

I like Square-D, but there are other good brands.
            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
              wouldnt mind goin to ireland someday. sounds like a place id like to retire

congratulations on your 30th. im on my 9th lol
              Thanks, We can't wait !

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                Thanks, We can't wait !
                Where you staying while in London, Kevin? I'll be there again in June. Forth time in four years. Last three we had the use of a friend's flat in Covent Garden. Great neighborhood.

Comment

We have rented a flat in the theater district for 5 days. Will see the Musical " once " It comes to SF in June 2014 .
                  You two will love the Movie ! " MIND DA GAP " Go to Amazon You can buy a shirt with this saying , It's now a rock band !
                  Sorry about lunch . How about Mid week .this week ?

Comment

We plan on seeing "The Commitments". My wife and I laughed when we heard "Mind the Gap" on the subway in Hong Kong. Our favorite London line is the Piccadilly Line which goes to Cockfosters.

I'm not sure about lunch this week. How about the first week of April?

Comment

Book it danno !

Comment

Working...
                      X