R4513 Soft Start wiring help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4513 Soft Start wiring help

I inherited a R4513 tablesaw and the soft start circuit board was bad. The previous owner took the board out and had the new one in a box. I have to replace it, but have no idea how to wire it in. The board has a red, a black, and a white wire. The power in has a white, a black, and a green. Power out to motor has a black, white, and a green. The switch has four prongs. I know all the greens go to ground, but I?m lost in the rest. Anyone have a diagram or some insight? Thanks.

Refer to the instructions (if any) from the new board.
    I'd expect: The incoming black line goes to one switch terminal. Tie black from board to other side of switch. Tie all the whites together including the one from the motor. Tie the red from soft start to the black wire from motor. Tie all greens together including a wire that bonds the case if metal.
    I'm not sure why there are four switch terminals unless they are also disconnecting the neural (which is generally not alowed in America)
    Last edited by johncameron; 12-04-2017, 08:06 PM. Reason: Forgot switch connections.

Comment

That makes sense, but the black wire from the board has the same flat terminal as the four prongs from the switch. I was wondering if that black connects directly to the motor?s black and the red from the board connects to the switch. All the wires coming from the power side and the wires going to the motor have female ends. The circuit board has a white female AND male terminal while the red has a female and the black has a male terminal.

Comment

Comment

I don't know. As an electrician I never guess at wiring. You have a chance of burning up the board. Perhaps you can get clarification from where you got the soft start?
          electrical devices usually are marked; Black for hot, white for neutral (grounded), and red for switch leg (after it goes through board)

If you show a extreme close up of the board from both sides perhaps I can see how the board operates.

Comment

Johncameron, thanks for your support and for responding so quickly. I was able to get in touch with Ridgid service and support today. My tech rep emailed a hand-drawing of the wiring diagram. I will consider this thread complete. I?m not sure if I should post the diagram here or not.

Comment

Your welcome.
              I would be nice if you'd post it, for those in the future with the same delema.

Comment

yes, please do to help anyone in the future with the same issue.
                "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

RIdgid R4513 Tablesaw wiring diagram for the start switch. Verified by me.

Comment

Thanks for posting.
                    Only thing I don't like is that the switch doesn't turn everything off.

I would unplug the cord when not in use.

Comment

Working...
                    X