Ceiling llight install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceiling llight install

trying to change a ceiling fan with light kit to a new ceiling light. The wiring has 8 wires, 2 of each red, white and black plus 2 grounds. I? Confused and need instructions.

what does the directions say, or look it up on line from the manufacture,

are these wires in the box or on the fan, your post is very confusing as to what the wires belong to and what your trying to hook up,

may I suggest you get some one with electrical knowledge to help you,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

If instructions are no help, post some pictures or sketch a diagram of where they go so we can better understand what you have.

It's odd to me that a light fixture has both black and red wires comming out of it. All 8 wires come from this light fixture?

Comment

Does the original light fixture use a two way switch?
        If you can't answer then even as retired, to be safe listen to BHD and call an electrician.

Sure it's easy if you know what you're doing but DEADLY if you don't..
        It's your call a 1 hour electrician's fee or a possible casket?

If you are still stubborn at least tell us what brand the old fan is and what brand the
        new fan is and how old is your house...WAY WAY too many variables to arm chair troubleshoot

Cactus Man

Comment

• Bob D.
          Bob D. commented
          Editing a comment
          Big Q to me is are the fan and light separate and controlled from their own wall switches or are they both turned on/off by the same wall switch (or switches if controlled from two locations).

Any chance you took a picture of the wiring before disassembling? If so, just reverse what you did.

Comment

Does this look light it?

Comment

you can follow the instruction of the manufacturer. and you also need to change the connection for new one

Comment

Working...
            X