Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circuit Breakers

Hi,

I'm a relatively new electrician in rural Ontario. I've been primarily buying my circuit breakers online from canadabreakers.ca and amazon.ca but I'd like to cut down my shipping costs.

I'm curious if anyone has solved this problem by buying breakers in bulk and if so, what breakers are you commonly stock piling.

Thanks,
    David

I would think there would be a electrical supply somewhere up there,

buying in bulk, or at least by the box, I would think even Home depot would be better than amazon,

My SIL who is a master electrician, I think goes through two different supply houses in Wyoming and Idaho, and probably orders some things in, as well,

I am not a electrician but most in our area prefer Square D products. is what I see.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Generally supply houses are competitive and the more material you buy the better price you can negotiate with the salesmen. Smaller shops struggle a little more because they don't buy larger volumes of material and they get the same price as everyone else.

Bigger shops can get a little better price on material especially when you've got a larger project or group of smaller projects where you can commit enough to get more than a standard "contractor discount". Never hurts to speak with the supplyhouse salesmen.

Comment

I like pretty much any breaker except for SquareD. Their quality can be lacking.

Find a local supply house where you will pay wholesale prices. Never buy retail unless you have to.

Try MGM electrical supply if your near Thunder Bay.

Don't pay Homedepot prices except for wire and cable where they can be competitive.

Believe it or not, It is sometimes less expensive to buy a complete panel and harvest the individual breakers.

Comment

Working...
        X