Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick, of course there are good and bad contractors. Also, a company is only as good as the people they hire. Sounds like the 5 outlets and the one for the DW were a good catch on your part!

George, The spaghetti mess don't bother me much - it's ugly, but seen worse. The whites on the 2Pole that are not marked with tape are only an identification problem.

The main reason for my suggesting a Pro is due to the fact that replacement parts are hard to find and you can't put somebody else's guts & cover in an old panel. I have seen homemade covers - oh boy

Not trying to be a pain-in-the-neck, just think that that situation calls for a Pro. IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
      not when it's 2' up the wall and you have to remove the dishwasher to plug or unplug it.
      True enough. I was just saying that "behind the dishwasher" is often considered acceptable. Generally, it's nailed just above the floor. Not to say it's a whole lot more accessible, but...

Originally posted by Minuteman
      The main reason for my suggesting a Pro is due to the fact that replacement parts are hard to find and you can't put somebody else's guts & cover in an old panel.
      I'd agree with that.

George, The spaghetti mess don't bother me much - it's ugly, but seen worse. The whites on the 2Pole that are not marked with tape are only an identification problem.
      I dunno about "only an ID problem." Two wires under a screw, and who knows where it's companion is. I've seen some pretty serious screw-ups with symptoms like that.

So, the old PM's get delivered, or did you figure it out on your own?

Comment

Last year all the dishwashers i connected were hardwired and we had enough slack to pull the dishwasher out and turn it onto it's back. I was doing what the journeyman in charge told me to do.

I'll get shot down for saying this but......
        Readily accessible is something you can reach without moving anything or getting a ladder.
        Accessible is something you can get to after moving something or getting a ladder.

An outlet under your sink for you disposal is generally readily assessable, except in my parents house.

It is really stupid to use a neutral as a hot and not leave any marking to tell others. I had to use some white wire to fix something at my inlaws house, both ends are wraped with black tap to protect the not so bright.
        "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
        "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Originally posted by Polar Sparky 1224
          Last year all the dishwashers i connected were hardwired and we had enough slack to pull the dishwasher out and turn it onto it's back. I was doing what the journeyman in charge told me to do.
          You are the man. I hate it when folks cut their wires or cablestoo short.

I'll get shot down for saying this but......
          Why? It's not wildly inaccurate. That's a good rule of thumb, IMO. Easy to remember, worth stealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Sparky
            I dunno about "only an ID problem." Two wires under a screw, and who knows where it's companion is. I've seen some pretty serious screw-ups with symptoms like that.

So, the old PM's get delivered, or did you figure it out on your own?
            Your right, forgot about the double wires under one lug. Not good.

I believe the '05 address the marking issue better than any othe cycle. But, in all practicality, the electrons don't care.

Don't missunderstand, I like to install a neet panel, and I want my guys to as well. As long as they don't take all day at it. I'm just saying - a messy panel ain't against code.

Oh, and yeah, the pony express came through.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Working...
              X