X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Makes the Best Conduit Bender?

Any one have good, bad or indifferent opinions about the various brands of conduit benders?
    I'm talking about just plain 3/4" thin wall benders.
    Klein
    Ideal
    Greenlee
    G-B
    Any others????
    Aluminum or cast iron??
    Does any have the best bending scales for the layman or occasional user?

Come on fess up, let's hear some war stories on benders.
    Thanks
    Phil
    Tools Rule

I have a GB and it has the levels for 45 and 90 degree bends. I like this style since i can see the degree of the bend while i am standing. Most others are designed more for using the bender with the head up. I wish i could get a bender that had both the vertical markings and the smaller side markings for "in air" bending. Klein, Greenlee, and ideal i can't stand because of the small markings which you can't see while bending conduit on the floor.
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Thanks,
      This is the kind of info I'm looking for.
      Phil
      Tools Rule

Comment

Klein actually has a bender that they just brought out. You can see all the markings while standing. Take a look at their site for more info.

Comment

All of the benders markings are easy to see if you simply touch them up with a black marker.

Stick with the bender that makes a 30 degree bend when the handle is perfectly vertical.

And for ametuers, stick to 30 degree bends. They're always 2x your offest. (A 6" offset is 12" marks, a 4" offset is 8" marks...)

Comment

Working...
          X