Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Md Master

I Am A Maryland Master Electrician
    I Have Read The Recent Posts On This Site And Needless To Say Alot Of What I Have Read Scares Me I'm Not Sure I Evryone Is Aware But In Most States And Jurisdictions It Is Illegal For Just Any Joe Shmuck To Do Electrical Work Of Any Sort

And To Have A Site To Give Harry Homeowner Do It Yourself Advice Is Very Dangerous

Any Advice I Would Give Anyone Is Hire A Qualified Individual To Do The Job And Pull The Proper Permits

Be Fair, Be Safe, Not Just Fairly Safe

Dude - if DIY'ers can come here to get some advice, who cares?

If the best advice is, "Call an electrician" then so be it. It doesn't make this place immoral or irresponsible. Lighten up!

At least they've got someplace to go where they're not cluttering up the electrical forums!

Comment

MD MASTER SPARKY

you better lighten up some or you will become a master #!*%$@?*#
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Before i went into electrical my dad remodeled his entire house. all but 2 parts of the house have been redone! We replaced all the aluminum wire with copper and had the power company redo the main service. In the 12 years since we have had no problems. Even for the heck of it a ran though the house with my plug tester and everything is fine!
        DIY OR DIE
        "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
        "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

md master, i guess you're referring to the mole issue. don't worry plumber is good to go. he has alot of help from the sparkys at work and i get a kick at the responces.

maybe there should have been a discaimer at the first post.

KIDS, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

still waiting for fryed mole. i have had guiney pig in peru and posum pie in new zealand. never have tried fried mole or plumber in chicago.

plumber and the others in these forum do actually give concern to safety. maybe a gfi will protect him.

rick
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by MD MASTER SPARKY
            I Am A Maryland Master Electrician
            I Have Read The Recent Posts On This Site And Needless To Say Alot Of What I Have Read Scares Me I'm Not Sure I Evryone Is Aware But In Most States And Jurisdictions It Is Illegal For Just Any Joe Shmuck To Do Electrical Work Of Any Sort

And To Have A Site To Give Harry Homeowner Do It Yourself Advice Is Very Dangerous So I am not really getting why you are even here on a DIY related forum if you don't like them or believe in DIY work?

Any Advice I Would Give Anyone Is Hire A Qualified Individual To Do The Job And Pull The Proper Permits Should I assume this will apply to any job in the house or just electrical?? Do you ever do any plumbing work in your house? Ever done any non-electrical related remodeling in your house on your own?

Be Fair, Be Safe, Not Just Fairly Safe

Just wanted to check. Wasn't sure how life should work according to "The Master" I will assume we should not look forward to any useful advice from you unless you lighten up and realize that some people are actually capable of doing some things on their own and quite often when it gets too dangerous or confusing they realize it is time to bring in the "big guns". But thanks for the advice.

Thanks again,

Joe Shmuck

PS: I am a certified "computer geek" as a profession and as you apparently cannot DIY, I Am Available For Hire As A Qualified Professional To Help You Learn What The Shift And Caps Lock Keys Are For.
            Last edited by wwsmith; 02-22-2006, 12:16 PM.
            Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I Believe In A Person Doing It Themself But Extreme Safety Precausions Need To Be Taken When Dealing With Electricitythe Key Word Being Safety
              I've Yet To Hear About Someone Dying By Plumbing Or A House Burning Down But When It Comes To Electric It Is Heard More Of Than We Realize. It Takes Nothing To Add A Name To A Lawsuit.

I Will Be Willing To Give Any Advice Requested But Threads Such As The Mole Thing Are Very Dangerous Me As A Professional Would Not Want To Be Associated With It

First And Foremost A Disclamer Stating That Those Who Postany Advice Cannot Be Held Liable For Any Property Dammage Or Loss Of Life.

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith
                Just wanted to check. Wasn't sure how life should work according to "The Master" I will assume we should not look forward to any useful advice from you unless you lighten up and realize that some people are actually capable of doing some things on their own and quite often when it gets too dangerous or confusing they realize it is time to bring in the "big guns". But thanks for the advice.

Thanks again,

Joe Shmuck

PS: I am a certified "computer geek" as a profession and as you apparently cannot DIY, I Am Available For Hire As A Qualified Professional To Help You Learn What The Shift And Caps Lock Keys Are For.

WHEN WILL A HOMEOWNER KNOW WHEN AN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION IS TO DANGEROUS TO BRING IN THE "BIG GUNS"
                WHEN HIS HOUSE BURNS DOWN OR HIS KID GETS DEAD BY ELECTRICUTION??

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith
                  I Am Available For Hire As A Qualified Professional To Help You Learn What The Shift And Caps Lock Keys Are For.
                  I don't think he - oops!

I Don't Think He Got The Joke.

I wonder what such a knowledgeable electrician is doing at noon, sitting around and complaining about DIY'ers on their home turf?

I think we should be sitting in his living room, complaining about the shows on his TV!

Here's an idea: If you can't be pleasant or in any way helpful,

Leave!!!

Comment

Can't we all just get along?
                    SSG, U.S. Army
                    Retired
                    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Well, I reckon if you can't be helpful or pleasant, or apparently are stricken with terror at the thought of leaving this place, at least you can be entertaining. So, why don't you dazzle the folks at home with your brilliance.

Idiot that I am, I figured these questions would prove your cerebral might to the folks out there wondering why they should flog themselves for considering swapping a receptacle out on their own, if they feel they have the skills and aptitude.

1. Tell me, oh intellect, how is a grounding electrode conductor supposed to be identified?

2. What is the maximum size breaker I can install on a 2/3 NM?

3. What is the minimum size conductor I would need to install to bond an isolated metallic 90° in a directly-buried RNC run containing #2 CU?

4. What is the maximum allowed resistance to ground of a grounding system consisting of a metallic water pipe electrode and a ground rod?

Comment

Originally posted by MD MASTER SPARKY
                        I Believe In A Person Doing It Themself But Extreme Safety Precausions Need To Be Taken When Dealing With Electricitythe Key Word Being Safety
                        I've Yet To Hear About Someone Dying By Plumbing Or A House Burning Down But When It Comes To Electric It Is Heard More Of Than We Realize. It Takes Nothing To Add A Name To A Lawsuit.

I Will Be Willing To Give Any Advice Requested But Threads Such As The Mole Thing Are Very Dangerous Me As A Professional Would Not Want To Be Associated With It

First And Foremost A Disclamer Stating That Those Who Postany Advice Cannot Be Held Liable For Any Property Dammage Or Loss Of Life.
                        md master sparky, i suggest that you don't mess with plumbing since you are clueless about carbon monoxide, gas piping, and the health of the entire country, to name a few. last time i checked insurance rates, plumbers were higher to insure for a reason. we have alot more risk to deal with than electrical. this coming from a contractor that has never had a claim. try to get insurance to cover you for association work as a plumber$$$.

most do it yourselfers don't mess with gas piping. electrical they tend to play with. in fact my general liability coverage doesn't cover me for lpg piping. natural gas no problem.

you guys have gfi's and the newer style arc fault breakers. we don't have anything that will protect the homeowner from a flood or leak, (waste, water, gas)

these are just a few examples of the dangers in our trade.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Rocky Mountain,

Are You A Licensed Electrician ??

Ifso Where

Comment

Plumber Rick,

I Too Am A Contractor And Have Been For Over 15 Years.

I Would Expect Better Responses From A Credible Contractor In The
                            Construction Industry

Comment

Please watch the name calling or I will have to shut these threads down.

Comment

Working...
                              X