X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by papadan
    I am not an electrician, I am not a plumber, I am not a carpenter, I am not a contractor, I am not a handyman. On this forum as well as quite a few others I give advice on Electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and general handyman type rerepairs from concrete to roofing. For a living, I build, rebuild, install, and repair overhead cranes and hoists. My knowledge of all types of repair or replacemant work concerning homes and buildings comes from learning and doing. I can completely replumb a house, I can completely rewire a house. I can even wire 3 way and 4 way switches and get them right the first time. If someone asks me how to wire them, I look over the net and find a diagram to post or email them. It is not something that I do enough to be able to just tell them how. If I took the time I could draw them a diagram but with the internet it is not nesc. to do it that way. If some one asks a question about anything, I will post a reply with a reliable answer f I know the answer. otherwise I leave it alone. I have seen many times where someone gives the wrong answer or dangerous advice and I have corrected them before any harm could be done. Just like this forum here, I could care less who is a pro plumber or elect., I only care about the person asking the question getting the right information. If someone post wrong info I will correct them, but without cussing them or calling them names. That sort of stuff serves nobody. There is not one person anywhere on these forums that I would ask to prove they are a proffesional plumber, electrician or anything else. If they give honest, sound advice then they are a pro as far as I am concerned. Over the years I have met a large number of proffesionals that did not know what they were talking about or they did very shoddy work. I don't call them names, I just don't call them, nor would I give them any kind of references. As far as pros or newbies giving advice on these boards, all we can do is give the most accurate information possible. If the person using the info screws it up that is thier problem. They can't come back here and raise heII about the advice recieved because it is in print and can be proven correct. What I am saying here is, that we should all do what we can to help each other with what ever problems we have. Don't slander, blame,accuse, curse anyone for trying, just politely correct them if they make a mistake. OUCH, just fell off my soapbox.

Well said papadan

Comment

Working...
    X